[Ppnews] Sacramento Prisoner Support: Zachary Jenson Is A Government Informant

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jul 24 12:40:12 EDT 2006

<mailto:sacprisonersupport at riseup.net>sacprisonersupport<mailto:sacprisonersupport at riseup.net>@riseup.net
wrote:
Sacramento Prisoner Support
July 20, 2006 Alert

Zachary Jenson is a Government Informant

Lauren Weiner, Zachary Jenson, and Eric McDavid were arrested in
Auburn, CA on Jan 13, 2006 as part of the government's Green Scare
campaign. They were charged with conspiracy to destroy property by
means of fire or explosives, facing up to 20 years in federal prison
for a crime that was never committed.

We at Sacramento Prisoner Support are extremely shocked and
discouraged by Zachary Jenson's decision to 'take a deal' and inform
on and effectively abandon his remaining co-defendant Eric McDavid.
Zachary felt that he could no longer cope with waiting for trial at
Sacramento County Jail and has decided to take the same plea
agreement that Lauren Weiner took in May,
which requires him to "cooperate fully with the government, and any
other federal, state, or local law enforcement agency, as the
government directs." His new charges will hold a maximum 5 year
sentence, but Zachary will have to live with himself for the rest of
his life knowing he abandoned and informed on a friend.

"Cooperation" is explained by the government as Zach being required
to cooperate with any law enforcement agency about any issue (not
just limited to his case); he must testify before any court or grand
jury upon the government's request, submit to meetings, interviews,
or investigations and answer every single question 'completely'. As
per any plea bargain, if Zach fails to meet the strict conditions set
out, he will again face his original sentence of up to 20 years in prison.

The full text of his plea agreement can be found here:
https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2006/07/20/zachplea.pdf

We at Sacramento Prisoner Support only support prisoners who do not
assist the government in the prosecution of others. We are extremely
surprised and pained by Zachary's decision, as he has repeatedly
affirmed that he would never do anything to hurt his co-defendants or
take a deal that would require him to become a government informant.
His decision came seemingly out of nowhere as he has never expressed
any interest in cooperation. Over the past 6 months of his pre-trial
incarceration, we never
hesitated to do everything possible to support him and maximized our
efforts to make sure he felt connected to the outside world, through
personally visiting him as often as the jail would allow, making sure
he received letters and books, and much more.

As in accordance with our policy, which we continue to stand by, we
will no longer support Zachary Jenson, and recommend that others
participating in prisoner support do the same. We will now focus our
energies on supporting the remaining prisoner from this case, Eric
McDavid, who has maintained his innocence from the day he was arrested.

We strongly encourage supporters to write Eric, as he undoubtedly
feels betrayed and very alone. As always, please refrain from writing
him about his case and issues related to it, as pre-trial detainees
mail can be used against them in court. Information on how to support
Eric can be found at
http://www.supporteric.org

Eric's mailing address at the Sacramento County Jail:

MCDAVID, ERIC X-2972521 4E 231A
Sacramento County Main Jail
651 "I" Street
Sacramento, CA 95814

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at
<mailto:sacprisonersupport at riseup.net>sacprisonersupport at riseup.net