[Ppnews] Friends of Tookie on Death Row Facing Charges, need our help

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jan 11 08:52:28 EST 2006

From: Glo [mailto:gloriaross at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:40 PM

Dear Friends,

My name is Gloria Ross and my uncle, Anthony Ross is an inmate on San
Quentin's Death Row.  I have very unfortunate news regarding the
situation of approximately eight (8) inmates (figure is yet to be
verified) sitting on San Quentin's death row who were very good
friends of Stan Tookie Williams.

On December 8, 2005, these men (including my uncle) were taken from
their cells by guards in riot gear and told that they were going to
be questioned and investigated under the charges that they were
conspiring to incite a riot and harm guards following the execution
of Tookie. San Quentin charges that they have a confidential source
to prove their claims. They are currently being held in solitary
confinement in San Quentin's Adjustment Center. They are being denied
access to their property. As of yet, there has been no formal
investigation and the inmates have not received questioning or a
polygraph test.

I just visited my uncle, Anthony Ross, he has lost a lot of weight
and his health is steadily deteriorating. His friend, Steve Champion,
is also in the hole.

They have requested that individuals and organizations contact San
Quentin's warden at (415) 454-1460. These calls should stress that
there are individuals AND ORGANIZATIONS on the outside very concerned
about their well-being. As long as they are aware that folks have an
eye out, they are less likely to abuse their power further.

Thanks so much for your support. Please feel free to call or write me
if you have any concerns or questions.

Gloria Ross
(718) 207 - 3980