[Ppnews] Gabe Meyers Trial - SF

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Dec 6 14:04:17 EST 2006

TRIAL BEGINS FOR GABE MEYERS!
WHEN: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8TH, 2006
WHERE: SF SUPERIOR COURTHOUSE, 850 BRYANT STREET,DEPARTMENT 22
TIME: 9:00 AM

On Friday, December 8th, 2006, Gabriel Meyers will finally begin his long
awaited trial for his arrest at the July 8th, 2005 anti-G8 demonstration
in San Francisco. Gabe has been patiently awaiting his day in court for
over a year now to prove his innocence to a jury. He is finally going to
get that chance and NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT! Gabe is the only person to face
trial on a felony charge (attempted lynching of himself) from being
arrested at the controversial protest in which a police officer received a
head injury in a violent altercation with a demonstrator. Meyers is not
being charged with the assault on the cop, but has publicly stated that he
feels that he is being scapegoated in the pursuance of criminal charges
against him by the District Attorney's office, because the SFPD has not
caught the individual responsible for the injury on the officer still to
this day.

After the protest,the attached picture of Gabe being arrested that night
became widely circulated on the internet. GABE IS A VICTIM OF POLICE
BRUTALITY!

It is our duty as a community to prevent these prosecutions from
happening within our society. GABRIEL MEYERS NEEDS SUPPORT! Please take
the time to make room out of your busy weekday schedule next Friday to
help Gabe. It is when we stand together that oppression of not just one,
but all shall cease.

Thank You for your time and solidarity.