[Ppnews] Russell Maroon Shoatz/Theresa Shoatz/Andre Gay

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Dec 1 08:52:01 EST 2006

peace yall,
the calls for brotha maroon worked, so we can stop on that front, but
we need to keep calling sci greene here in pa to demand justice for shabaka!

lovethrustruggle
walidah

From: TimABCF at aol.com
To: abcf at yahoogroups.com, ajfa at ucwphilly.rr.com, sobukweb at yahoo.com
Subject: [hrcoalition] Communique from Russell Maroon Shoatz/Theresa
Shoatz/Andre Gay
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:09:53 EST

As I mentioned before, Maroon said that all the porperty that was taken
from
him during a cell search last month or so was returned. The guards who
performed the search were not from an outside agency but were not regular
SCI-Greene guards according to Maroon. He said when they were doing
the search  they
would not answer any of his questions and referred him to Capt. Kingston in
the Security Dpeartment at Greene. He said its obvious all the outside phone
call/letters were effective and that we need to keep it up although not in
regard to his situation, he's doing ok right now, but that WE NEED TO
APPLY THIS
SAME PRESSURE ON THE DOC AND GREENE IN REGARD TO THE ONGOING HARASSMENT OF HIS
  COMRADE ANDRE SHABAKA GAY!

I sent out an email last week with all the details and people to contact in
reference to Shabaka. If anyone needs them again they are listed  below.

Theresa Shoatz told me last night that DOC Secretary Beard's assistant Ms.
Yates called her the other night around 8:30pm and told her that people are
still calling her about Maroon and if she could get people to stop!
Theresa told
  her she wasnt aware that people were still calling and told her about
Shabaka's  situation and that he has talked of going on a hunger strike if the
harassment/psychological terror dont stop. From what Theresa said
Yates seemed  at
least on some level to be concerend probably more about all the potential
call she might get around Shabaka's situation. Theresa also is asking people to
not let up, that theses calls and letters really do work in backing these
guards  off our comrades and that we need to intensify our efforts until
something  is done about the 2-10 shift on I-Block in the RHU at Greene.

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND CALL OR WRITE THE PEOPLE BELOW!

THANK YOU!

Andre Shabaka Gay, a long time revolutionary/ prisoner activist and comrade
of Russell Maroon Shoatz is in need of assistance in his fight against
continuing repression on I-Block in the Restricted Housing Unit at
SCI-GREENE.

Shabaka, like other conscious prisoners on I-Block have been under severe
repression/harassment from guards on the 2-10 shift. Comrade Maroon before he
was moved to another bock this past year also was harassed by these same guards
  on I-Block. Shabaka has filed  2-3 grievances the past several  weeks over
the lack of access to the law library and to shower on a regular  basis. In the
past guards have repeatedly engaged in homophobic harassment over  his last
name. Last week, C/O Kerr wrote him up for refusing to stand up for  count.
Sahbaka says that for the past 6 years he's been on I-Block, he's never
missed a
count. The guard also says that Shabaka cussed him out after refusing  to
stand for count. The guard also is alleging that another C/O witnessed this
incident but Shabaka and other men in the neaby cells of  the alledged incident
report no other guards were present. As of  today, he has not had the official
misconduct hearing ,in the meantime he's  trying to obtain affidavits from
prisoners who witnessed this to back up the  fraudulent claims of C/O
Kerr. It is
clear to Shabaka that this whole  charade is in retaliation to his filing of
grievances against guards for denying  him his basic rights to access the law
library and to shower.

Shabaka is requesting that people call the following prison officials and
ask that they look into this on going campaign of harassment by Lt. Franks, Sgt
Matthews, C/O Lynch, C/O Kerr, C/O Smith, C/O Nelson and C/O Olinger ( all
guards on the 2-10 shift) against Shabaka and other prisoners on I-block in
the RHU.

Please call:
PA DOC Secretary Jeffrey Beard   717-975-4918 (if he isnt in ask  for Ms.
Yates)
Deputy Secretary for Western Region William Stickman 717-975-4865
Director of Office of Professional Responsibility, Michael Wolanin
717-731-7777

you can write all three of the above officials at:
2520 Lisburn Rd.
P.O Box 598
Camp Hill, PA 17001-0598

also call or write:

Superintendent Louis Folino  724-852-2902
169 Progress Dr
Waynesburg, PA 15370

also call or write:
State Representative Harold James, who chairs the Sub Committee  on Crime and
Corrections 215-462-3308    1423 Point Breeze Ave.  Philadelphia, PA 19146

Shabaka would also like for people to write as many of the PA Legislative
Black Caucus members as possible, info for them can be found at
_http://www.pablackcaucus.com_ (http://www.pablackcaucus.com/)

when calling or writing please reference Andre Gay AF-4377

write to Shabaka:
Andre Gay
AF-4377
175 Progress Dr.