[Ppnews] US PP-POWs in solidarity with Palestine

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Aug 7 08:28:26 EDT 2006

Several of the US held political prisoners have recently sent out
statements in support of the Palestinian people's struggle. Some of these
are reprinted below from the new issue (#7) of 4 Struggle Mag, the 'zine
written by US held political prisoners and edited by our comrade Jaan
Laaman (http://www.4strugglemag.org). The complete issue is worth checking
out and free on their website. We join with the political prisoners held by
the US in saying: Free Palestine!

For more info on Palestinian political prisoners see:
http://www.leftturn.org/Articles/Viewer.aspx?id=553&type=W
http://sumoud.tao.ca

The following are statements from US held political prisoners in solidarity
with Palestinian political prisoners. They were read at a May 2006 event in
Montreal as part of Sumoud’s (http://sumoud.tao.ca) annual speaking tour.

  From Russell “Maroon” Shoats:

  From a Black political prisoner in the United States of America, to my
comrades ­ the Palestinian political prisoners ­ our struggles are long and
filled with pain, but we will be free!

  From Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert (of the Cuban 5)

Dear friends:

  From within the walls of our cells, scattered throughout the geography of
the empire that punishes us for fighting terrorism, the five of us, proud
and unrepentant Cuban revolutionaries, extend our embrace of support and
solidarity to our Palestinian brothers.

The unspeakable crime being committed against the Palestinian people, in
the name of greed and Capitalism, is a shame imposed on humanity as a whole
by an establishment for which any colonial adventure, no matter how brutal
and criminal, has always been deserving of support and complicity.

Among the oppressed brothers from Palestine, the political prisoners carry
a heavy burden. Out of the world scrutiny, ignored by an accomplice,
corporate media, which presents the Holocaust now being repeated in the
Middle East as a civilizing enterprise; the Palestinian prisoners have to
face the most infamous abuses on their own, resorting only to the strength
of their courage and the historical righteousness of their cause.

If it wasn't enough, Palestinian children are special targets for
repression. Terrorizing the future seems to be a rational thing to do for
those who, by the arbitrary abuse of their power, don't seem to notice that
they are denying, to all of humanity, even the possibility of a future.
Reduced to the dehumanizing notion of "collateral damages" or hidden from
us on the Zionist dungeons, the Palestinian children are a living
indictment against the world's silence and indifference.

Let us not be part of such indifference. The Palestinian people deserve to
develop in peace and justice. The Palestinian prisoners deserve our support
and solidarity. The Palestinian children deserve to be nurtured, loved and
care for in a peaceful, sovereign homeland.

We don't have the right to rest until the Palestinian people, their
political prisoners and their children, have achieved their right share of
peace and justice!

  From Janet, Debbie and Janine Africa (of the MOVE 9):

Salute and solidarity to all our strong, loyal, committed revolutionary
sisters and brothers in Palestine.

The committed example that you continue to set in your country is being
felt by all of us here in the USA too. The MOVE Organization is generating
a united, revolutionary vibration to you and all political prisoners around
the world through our unending fight for freedom and justice. We are linked
together as one to confront and expose the demon intimidation tactics the
oppressor uses to beat down and kill off the fighting spirit in all freedom
fighters. We must keep fighting back, no matter what or how things may
seem. We are obligated to show others the urgent need for change and guide
them, in the direction of revolution. We must never let ourselves be
divided despite any so-call differences, because finally, we have the most
important thing in common our fight against the enemy, the oppressor, the
enslaver, this system, and any difference among us is secondary to that.
What this system fears most is unity because they know unity is power.
Power of the people is the key to bring this system to its knees.

We have committed our lives to revolution. Our men, women, children, our
infants have lost their lives, they were murdered by this system. We know
all of you have lost family, loved ones and comrades too. The MOVE 9 have
been unjustly imprisoned for almost 30 years, we are innocent. Put despite
our innocence, We've been beat jailed, and had family members murdered, not
because we are guilty of any crime but because we stand up against this
rotten, corrupt government and fight for what is right and because we
expose these government officials, Judges and police for the diabolical
monsters they are. We know all of you have suffered injustices there, the
stories we've heard affect us personally and pushes us to fight harder,
cause while we are located in different parts of the globe we understand
and can relate to what you are going through, and we bond with you in this
fight. Stay strong my brothers and sisters and Know that we will not let
the lives of our family, your family, any freedom fighter be in vain. We
will never stop fighting this system. The seed for this revolution is
planted, and though we may not cross paths in our life time, our roots will
be planted in the same soil. LONG LIVE ALL FREEDOM FIGHTERS LONG LIVE
REVOLUTION!

  From Ramon Labanino Salazar (of the Cuban 5):

"Indoblesables"

Vienen a pedirme que me rinda
Que traicione mi nacion y mis ideales
Hasta joyas y bellezas se me brinda
Y riqueza y dinero tendre a caudales.

Vienen a decirme que traicione
Que no hay razon para que batalle
Que cavente de amor y de emociones
Son los principios cual infertile valle
Tercos, insolentes, infames
No conocen la fidelidad a los ideales
Que prefiero morir combatiendoles
Que rico vivir entre infames.

Yo vivire y luchare entre los nuestros
Y la traicion se la deso a los cobardes.

"Invincibles"

They come to ask me to surrender
to betray my motherland and my ideals They promise jewels,
beauties and money I will have a lot.

They come to ask me to betray
They say there is no reason for me to battle that principles are like
infertile valley without love and emotions to share.

STUBBORN, INSOLENT, INFAMOUS!

They don't know about loyalty to ideals that I rather die
fighting all my years than living among infamous.

I WILL LIVE AND FIGHT AMONG THE OURS (MY PEOPLE)
AND LET TREASON TO BE USED BY THE COWARDS.

I dedicate this poem to the Palestinian People, because your struggle is
our struggle, and to all political prisoners all over the world, on behalf
of the Cuban Five.

The struggle continues! We shall overcome!

  From Jalil Abdul Muntaqim:

BISMILLAH IR RAHMAN NIR RAHEEM:

"And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted
of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers," Sura 3/Ayat 85

As Salaam Alaikum:
Inshallah, this statement will find all of you in the best of Allah (SWT)
health and mercy. I wish to extend my solidarity and support for the
political prisoners and detainees in the West Bank, Gaza and throughout the
occupied territory of Palestine.

I am a former member of the Black Panther Party and Black Liberation Army
who has been in prison since August 28, 1971, when I was first captured at
the age of nineteen. I was accused and convicted of engaging in underground
activities against the then President Richard Nixon government, opposing
racism and imperialism. I have always stood in support of the Palestinian
people to be self-governed and to establish an independent sovereign
nation. As the founder of the Jericho Amnesty Movement, I have always
equated Zionism as a racist apartheid system supported by U.S. imperialism.
Therefore, the task for those of us who understand the extent of U.S.
support of Zionism is to provide our support to those who suffers under
such racist oppression.

However, the greatest solidarity we can extend is to build and strengthen
the struggle here opposing white supremacy and U.S. imperialism. The best
support I can provide Palestine is to continue to contribute to the
struggle opposing national oppression in this country. The parallels
between our peoples' struggle are numerous, just as opposition to a
sovereign Palestine is the same opposition to a free and independent Black
nation.

Inshallah, this message of solidarity will be accepted in the spirit of a
Muslim and political prisoner, who after 34 years of imprisonment,
continues to seek the means to contribute to the overall struggle opposing
U.S. imperialism and its Zionist cohorts.

Mas Salaam.