[Ppnews] Support John Bowman - former Panther - medical crisis

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Aug 4 12:49:46 EDT 2006

John Bowman, a former Black Panther and recent SF Grand Jury
resister, has just been diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. This
news came as a total shock to all of us. We are trying to raise
$5-10,000 in the next two weeks to help him seek additional medical
care in the hopes of extending his life. This brother is a wonderful
human being and has given the best part of his life to his community
and the original principles of the Black Panther Party. We are asking
that people respect his privacy in this difficult and painful period
by not contacting him until he is ready to respond to messages and supporters.
Please make donations out to the:
Committee for the Defense of Human Rights
PO Box 90221
Pasadena, CA  91109
Further updates and statements will surely follow. Thank you for your support.