[News] Large-scale Israeli war on Lebanon 'a matter of time'
Anti-Imperialist News
news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 24 20:34:00 EDT 2025
Large-scale Israeli war on Lebanon 'a matter of time': Report
Israel has escalated its attacks on Lebanon in violation of a US-backed
ceasefire, killing at least seven people in the past two days alone
News Desk <https://thecradle.co/authors/news-desk-9>
OCT 24, 2025 -
https://thecradle.co/articles/large-scale-israeli-war-on-lebanon-just-a-matter-of-time-report
(Photo credit: AFP)
A large-scale Israeli military operation
<https://t.me/thecradlemedia/44825> in Lebanon is imminent, according to
European sources who spoke with Sky News Arabia on 24 October,
describing it as “just a matter of time.”
The report came as the Israeli army announced
<https://www.idf.il/313491> a series of military drills carried out
recently, aimed at simulating an attack on Lebanon and various
defense-related scenarios that could come with such a decision.
According to the military, Israel's 91st Division – the "Galilee
Division" – has completed the largest exercise since the beginning of
the genocide in Gaza, aimed at “enhancing operational readiness” for
military offensives along the border “by way of air, sea, and land.”
Israel claimed these exercises are being carried out to prepare for a
"range of scenarios," including reserve mobilization and force buildup.
“The exercise scenarios were adapted to the operational situation
following fighting in southern Lebanon, during which Hezbollah's
operational capabilities were damaged,” the military added.
Israeli media had reported
<https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/defense-news/article-871380> a day
earlier that it carried out extensive drills, including simulating a
Hezbollah ground assault on the Galilee.
Hezbollah’s former secretary-general Hassan Nasrallah warned years ago
that an Israeli assault on Lebanon could trigger Hezbollah to invade the
Galilee.
After targeting and assassinating leaders of Hezbollah’s elite Radwan
Unit in September last year, Tel Aviv claimed it had completely thwarted
the so-called “Galilee Invasion Plan.”
Friday’s announcement on the military exercises came as Israel escalated
deadly attacks on southern Lebanon. One strike targeted the southern
town of Toul in Nabatieh.
The Israeli army said Abbas Hassan Karaki, a senior Hezbollah logistics
official from the town of Harouf, was assassinated in its strike on
Toul. Several others were injured.
Under international humanitarian law, it is prohibited to target
resistance members during a ceasefire if they are not directly
participating in hostilities at the time of the attack, regardless of
their affiliation.
One person was also killed in Nabatieh on Friday evening in an Israeli
attack on a car. At least two others were injured.
The attacks bring the death toll of Israeli strikes on Lebanon in the
past two days up to at least seven.
Israel bombed the town of Arabsalim in south Lebanon on Thursday,
killing two people. The strike came after a massive wave
<https://thecradle.co/articles/israel-bombs-eastern-lebanon-declares-zero-reason-for-reconstruction-in-border-areas>
of airstrikes on the Bekaa region in the east that afternoon, which also
killed two people.
Israel has significantly escalated its attacks and violations of the
ceasefire in Lebanon, under the pretext of “preventing” Hezbollah from
rebuilding its forces and infrastructure.
Many of the strikes
<https://thecradle.co/articles/israel-launches-heaviest-strikes-on-lebanon-since-ceasefire>
have targeted equipment needed for reconstruction, hindering the
Lebanese state’s ability to rebuild areas destroyed by Israel in the
last war.
Over 300 people have been killed by Israeli attacks on the country since
the ceasefire was reached in November last year. Israel has also
expanded the occupation it established during the ceasefire in violation
of the deal, and Tel Aviv has said that it will not consider withdrawal
until Hezbollah is disarmed first. Washington has publicly backed
Israel’s position more than once.
“If Beirut fails to act, Hezbollah’s military wing will inevitably face
a major confrontation with Israel, at a moment when Israel is at peak
strength and Iranian support for Hezbollah is at its weakest,” US envoy
Tom Barrack said on Monday.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://freedomarchives.org/pipermail/news_freedomarchives.org/attachments/20251024/8379c39d/attachment.htm>
More information about the News
mailing list