[News] Netanyahu vows to continue striking Gaza, Lebanon as attacks escalate
Anti-Imperialist News
news at freedomarchives.org
Sun Nov 23 22:30:27 EST 2025
Netanyahu vows to continue striking Gaza, Lebanon as attacks escalate
Israel has killed dozens in south Lebanon and the Gaza Strip over the past
24 hours, accusing Hamas and Hezbollah of violating the ceasefire deals
News Desk <https://thecradle.co/authors/news-desk-9>
NOV 23, 2025
(Photo credit: X)
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed
<https://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/316712-netanyahu-vows-to-keep-striking-hamas-and-hezbollah>
on 23 November to continue attacking both the Gaza Strip and Lebanon,
despite the ceasefire agreements in both places.
“We continue to strike terrorism on several fronts,” Netanyahu said. “This
weekend the IDF struck in Lebanon, and we will continue to do whatever is
necessary to prevent Hezbollah from reestablishing its capacity to threaten
us.”
Regarding Gaza, the premier said “Since the ceasefire, Hamas has not
stopped violating it, and we are acting accordingly.”
“There were several attempts by them to infiltrate our territory beyond the
Yellow Line and harm our soldiers. We thwarted these forcefully, and we
responded and exacted a very heavy price. Many terrorists were eliminated,
and terrorists were also captured from the tunnels in Rafah,” Netanyahu
added.
“All the talk that ‘we must obtain approval’ from this or that party is
simply a complete lie. We act without relying on anyone. The immediate
actions to thwart attacks are carried out automatically by the IDF. As for
the responses — they go through the defense minister and eventually come to
me, and we decide independently of any external actor, as it should be,” he
added, pushing back on the idea that Israel must receive a green light from
Washington.
Netanyahu’s comments on Sunday came as Israel struck Beirut's southern
suburb in a massive escalation, killing one person. Israeli reports said
the attack targeted a high-profile figure in the Lebanese resistance.
Earlier the same day, an Israeli drone strike also hit the southern
Lebanese town of Aita al-Shaab, killing one civilian as he was carrying out
home restoration work, according to *Al-Manar. *
A day earlier, two people were killed in south Lebanon as Israel carried
out a large wave of strikes.
Aita al-Shaab has been under Israeli bombardment since October 2023, and is
among the Lebanese border villages which have suffered the most
destruction.
Israel has significantly escalated its daily ceasefire violations in Lebanon
<https://thecradle.co/articles/lebanons-army-chief-slams-daily-israeli-attacks-occupation-in-south>
over the past two months. It claims Hezbollah is quickly rebuilding its
forces, and has made US-backed threats to open a new war on the country.
Hezbollah has refused to surrender its arms. It says it is eventually
willing to discuss giving its weapons to the Lebanese army as part of a
national defensive strategy. Still, it refuses to hold such talks until
Israel withdraws its troops from the south and stops its daily violations
and attacks, which have killed over 33 people in November alone and more
than 300 since last year.
In Gaza, Israeli strikes killed 21 people on Saturday.
Israel claimed a Hamas fighter crossed the 'yellow line' in southern Gaza
and opened fire on its troops, using the incident to justify a deadly wave
of strikes.
Hamas officials accused Israel of exploiting isolated incidents to unravel
the agreement
<https://thecradle.co/articles/us-mercenary-firm-behind-aid-massacres-returning-to-gaza-under-new-un-mandate-report>
and revive its assault.
Spokesman Izzat al-Rishq called on the US to pressure Israel to reveal the
identity of the shooter and to stop manufacturing pretexts for daily
violations of the deal.
"Earlier today (Saturday), an armed terrorist crossed the yellow line,
exploiting the humanitarian road in the area through which humanitarian aid
enters southern Gaza. The terrorist fired at IDF soldiers deployed in the
southern Gaza Strip. No IDF injuries were reported. The soldiers eliminated
the terrorist,” the Israeli army said, attaching footage of the alleged
Hamas fighter wielding a rifle.
Israel also said it assassinated Alaa Hadidi, head of Hamas’s supply and
equipment department, in its strikes on 22 November.
Meanwhile, the fate of a group of Hamas fighters besieged and trapped in
tunnels under the city of Rafah remains unclear.
Israeli media reported over the weekend that only 80 fighters remain, down
from around 200 a few weeks earlier.
Reports at the time said Washington was pushing Israel to accept a deal
that would give the fighters safe passage in exchange for surrendering
their weapons.
According to Israeli news site *Walla*’s Amir Bohbot, Israeli forces killed
<https://t.me/thecradlemedia/46662> six Palestinian resistance fighters and
detained five others in eastern Rafah. He claimed it came after around
fifteen emerged from tunnel openings at two locations.
Palestinian reports denied the operation and said the Israeli claims were
part of a psychological warfare campaign designed to fabricate stories of
surrender or collapse to influence morale.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://freedomarchives.org/pipermail/news_freedomarchives.org/attachments/20251123/12d52cb7/attachment-0001.htm>
More information about the News
mailing list