[News] Israeli military leaking info to Israeli settlers to attack aid trucks

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 21 14:34:04 EDT 2024

english.almayadeen.net
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/israeli-military-leaking-info-to-israeli-settlers-to-attack>
Israeli military leaking info to Israeli settlers to attack aid trucks
Al Mayadeen English
May 21, 2024
------------------------------

The "barbaric scenes" according to truck drivers, happened after the
Israeli forces accompanying convoys of settlers completely disregarded the
attacks.
[image: 55b0e1c4-83ce-444b-b4dc-f7b63d024128.jpg]

   - Israeli settlers destroyed packages of food they mistakenly thought
   were on their way to Gaza on May 16, 2024. (X photo, @Yesh_Din)

According to* The Guardian*, the Israeli occupation forces are extremist
settlers with intelligence on the whereabouts of assistance trucks headed
to the Gaza Strip
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/msf-slams-us--decries-tragedy-of-young-gaza-children-wanting>,
in order to vandalize and stop the vehicles.

Texts received by the *Guardian* from online chat rooms show members of
"Israel's" security personnel are working together to restrict humanitarian
supplies to Gazans.

The "barbaric scenes" according to truck drivers, happened after the
Israeli forces accompanying convoys of settlers completely disregarded the
attacks.

A driver who was attacked at a checkpoint last week told *The Guardian*
that this was in "full cooperation" between the IOF and the settlers,
citing that the IOF was "present and watching what was happening."
Truckers recount 'barbaric' settler attack on Gaza aid convoy

Palestinian truck drivers delivering aid to Gaza recounted "barbaric"
scenes on Friday
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/truckers-recount--barbaric--settler-attack-on-gaza-aid-convo>
as their vehicles were obstructed and vandalized by Israeli settlers,
hindering the delivery of vital humanitarian supplies to a population
facing severe hunger.

The attack, which occurred on Monday at the Tarqumiya checkpoint in the
occupied West Bank, saw drivers and contractors targeted. They also
asserted that Israeli soldiers escorting the convoy did nothing to prevent
the assault.

The incident drew international condemnation after videos on social media
showed Israeli settlers throwing boxes of essential supplies to the ground
and setting at least one vehicle on fire.

Yazid al-Zoubi, 26, stated that the convoy consisted of 50 to 60 trucks.

"We were carrying oil, sugar, and other things and driving from the
Tarqumiya crossing," he said, as quoted by The Guardian. "We left in a
convoy with an army vehicle in front of us and an army vehicle behind us,
and we took a special army road that civilians could not cross. Suddenly,
after 20 minutes on the road, near the crossing, we were surprised by at
least 400 settlers. They attacked us. The rest of the drivers and I escaped
from the vehicles after the settlers starting throwing stones at us."
IOF at 'the service of settlers'

Zoubi recounted that the situation escalated when settlers began smashing
the lorries' windscreens and puncturing their tires. They then climbed onto
the vehicles and tossed food packages onto the road.

This comes although aid agencies have reported famine conditions in Gaza,
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/13-children-in-gaza-die-of-hunger--hamas-slams-it-as--disgra>attributing
them to Israeli restrictions on aid entering the territory. Humanitarian
officials state that Gaza's population requires at least 500 truckloads of
food, fuel, and other essentials daily, but they have received only a small
portion of that, with weeks going by without one truck of aid coming into
the enclave.

 During Monday's attack, Zoubi said the Israeli soldiers escorting the
convoy stood by and watched as the settlers went on a rampage.

"Even though they were present and watching what was happening. The army
was at the service of the settlers," he stressed.

Zoubi mentioned that the drivers initially fled the scene but were attacked
by armed settlers when they returned later to collect their belongings.

"At that point the army gathered us and ordered us to raise our hands on
the walls," he stated. "The settlers were free to terrorize us. I have
never been attacked so brutally before."

"The state of terror I experienced is indescribable. Even now I have
nightmares at night. My psychological state is broken, I cannot think
properly, I can’t sleep. I cannot work. We are not smugglers. We agreed to
transport goods legally from the crossing under the watch and supervision
of the Israeli authorities."

Throughout this year, violence frequently broke out at crossings from
"Israel" into Gaza, disrupting aid shipments to the territory. In March,
the International Court of Justice instructed "Israel" to ensure unimpeded
access of food aid into Gaza.