[News] Nasrallah to Netanyahu: You lost the war even if you enter Rafah

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Mar 14 12:37:10 EDT 2024

middleeastmonitor.com
<https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240314-nasrallah-to-netanyahu-you-lost-the-war-even-if-you-enter-rafah/>
Nasrallah to Netanyahu: You lost the war even if you enter Rafah
Middle East Monitor
March 14, 2024
------------------------------

Five months after launching its military operation in Gaza, “Israel has not
managed to win a single victory, has not achieved a single one of its
objectives,”  Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah said in a speech
yesterday evening.

“Even the [Israeli] enemy’s experts recognise the losses inflicted by the
resistance. After five months of fighting, Israel has not managed to win a
single victory, has not achieved a single one of its objectives. In the
face of massacre, destruction and martyrdom, the people of Gaza continue to
resist with strength and courage,” Nasrallah said, noting that “what is
happening in Gaza is a lesson to the world.”

“[Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin] Netanyahu says that if we do not go to
Rafah in the south of the Gaza Strip, we have lost the war. We say to
Netanyahu, even if you go to Rafah, you have lost the war, and you cannot
eliminate Hamas or the resistance in Gaza despite all the massacres. Gaza’s
people will not surrender to you, the people of Gaza are still embracing
the resistance.”

He stressed, “What is the first and biggest goal Israel announced at the
start of this war? The defeat of Hamas. Today, we are in the sixth month.
Who is it negotiating with? Hamas.”

“Hamas negotiates on behalf of all resistance factions, and it negotiates
not from a position of weakness but imposes conditions [on Israel]. All of
the Palestinian factions and the will of the Gazan people agree on the need
to stop the aggression, not a temporary ceasefire.”

Nasrallah touched on the Lebanon-Israel front, saying: “Recently, the
enemy’s anger has increased and the settlers’ anger has increased due to
the continued resistance operations in Lebanon, and this front continues
its pressure on the enemy.”

“Our Lebanese Front is performing its duty and playing its role in this
battle. The screams of the settlers are getting louder than the resistance.”

He urged others to “listen to Israeli officials and experts saying that
their soldiers are paying high prices,” adding that “Israel is hiding its
losses of tanks and soldiers.”

“The enemy’s army is exhausted on all fronts,” he continued, adding:
“Victory and triumph go to those who are patient and endure, and the matter
needs some time. The enemy’s society is beginning to tire and will be
forced to stop the aggression and acknowledge its failure.”

*READ: US held secret talks with Iran in Oman to halt Houthi Red Sea
attacks
<https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240314-us-held-secret-talks-with-iran-in-oman-to-halt-houthi-red-sea-attacks/>*