[News] Hamas, Palestinian factions deem US responsible for Gaza massacre

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Feb 29 11:28:32 EST 2024

english.almayadeen.net
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/hamas--palestinian-factions-deem-us-responsible-for-gaza-mas>
Hamas, Palestinian factions deem US responsible for Gaza massacre
Al Mayadeen English
February 29, 2024
------------------------------

Palestinian Resistance factions and the Palestinian Presidency denounce the
latest Israeli massacre that killed more than 100 people.

   - [image: Hamas, Palestinian factions hold US responsible for Gaza
   massacre]
   <https://alpha-en-media.almayadeen.net/archive/image/2024/2/29/c22a1b00-eac9-4103-8f6e-81f1cc0bd6a1.png?v=4&width=1000>
   Medics use a donkey-pulled cart to transfer multiple people killed and
   injured in an Israeli massacre against masses waiting for aid, in Gaza
   City, the Gaza Strip, Palestine, on February 29, 2024. *(Social media)*

Palestinian Resistance factions, the Palestinian Follow-up Committee for
National and Islamic Forces, and the Palestinian Presidency put out
statements condemning a "heinous" Israeli-committed massacre of Palestinian
civilians
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/israeli-forces-massacre-100--civilians-waiting-for-aid-in-ga>
waiting for aid to the west of Gaza City.

The deliberate act of genocide targeted more than a thousand Palestinian
civilians waiting since Wednesday night at an aid distribution location,
hoping to receive basic necessities, such as food and water. However,
during the early hours of Thursday morning, nearby occupation forces opened
fire on the crowd, whether through tank shells or snipers, killing at least
104 people and injuring more than 750, according to the Ministry of Health
in Gaza.
Follow-Up Committee: Biden administration protects genocide in Gaza

The Follow-up Committee for National and Islamic Forces includes
representatives from almost every Palestinian political party and
Resistance faction, including Hamas, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ),
and the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).

The Committee stressed that the massacre "confirms the terror of the
occupation and underscores its determination to commit acts of genocide,
challenging the decisions of the International Court (of Justice) and
international organizations, which are powerless to take any serious and
real action to stop these genocidal crimes
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/israeli-aggression-on-gaza-death-toll--exceeds-30-000>
and end the war that has destroyed and devastated Gaza."

"[The massacre] places the [entirety of humanity's collective] conscience
under significant responsibilities to protect human rights and humanitarian
justice in the face of Zionist aggression and arrogance," the Committee
underlined.

Highlighting the United States administration's role in protecting the
Israeli occupation from repercussions, the Committee called "on the peoples
of the world and the governments of free nations to urgently act to stop
the aggression and end the killing and genocide inflicted on the
Palestinian people by the Nazi terrorist government led by Netanyahu and
the extremist right."

It also demanded the United Nations Security Council and the ICJ take
immediate measures to force the Israeli government into ending its
aggression on Gaza

"We also call on the entire world, especially Arab and Islamic countries,
to cut and stop all forms of supplies from reaching the Zionist occupation
through maritime, land, and air routes in response to its heinous
aggression and massacres, preventing citizens from obtaining food and
medicine and depriving them of the right to life," the Committee added.

*Read more: OIC condemns Israeli genocide in Gaza, urges 'unconditional
ceasefire'
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/oic-condemns-israeli-genocide-in-gaza--urges--unconditional>*
Hamas: Arab countries should break their silence

In a separate release by the Islamic Resistance Movement - Hamas, the party
stressed five key points in a statement.

First, Hamas called on the Arab League and the UNSC to convene urgently and
end Israeli acts of genocide in the Gaza Strip.

Second, the movement urged Arab states, in particular, to "break [their]
silence towards the Zionist genocide against [Palestinians] and to
immediately implement the decision [agreed to] during the Arab-Islamic
summit on November 11, which emphasized the need to break the Zionist siege
and immediately provide food and medical aid to the Gaza Strip."

Third, the Resistance faction called on all people of Arab and Islamic
nations, as well as the "free people of the world," to "organize widespread
popular protests condemning the [massacre]," effectively pressuring their
governments to take a stance against the war on Gaza.

Fourth, the statement held the international community and the UN legally
responsible for stopping the "mass killing" of Palestinians.

Fifth, Hamas held "the Zionist occupation and its fascist government, its
Nazi army, President Biden
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/members-of-the-us-senate-question-biden-s-strategy-in-yemen>,
and the entire US administration responsible for this massacre and the
escalating war of genocide and ethnic cleansing against [Palestinians]."

"We mourn the souls of the martyrs of our people, and we emphasize that
their sacrifices and blood will not be in vain. We will remain faithful to
our cause, our land, and our sanctities," the statement concluded.

*Read more: Maternity in crisis: 1 in 5 pregnant women in Gaza faces
malnutrition
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/maternity-in-crisis--1-in-5-pregnant-women-in-gaza-faces-mal>*
PFLP: Arab states betrayed the Palestinian people

Reiterating the aforementioned points in the Follow-Up Committee's
statement, the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) stated,
"The international community and all those who collaborated [with the
occupation] and compromised [on the rights of Palestinian people] must make
a clear decision to compel the occupation to stop the aggression, shelling,
and starvation war against our people, break the siege, open all crossings,
and ensure the entry of aid, especially for our people in the governorates
of Gaza and the north.

"Citizens must be protected, and the areas designated for humanitarian aid
should not become aerial package drop points [where Palestinians are killed
by occupation forces]," it added.

"The international community is complicit in these heinous massacres, and
Arab countries have betrayed the Palestinian people," the Front stressed in
its closing statement.

Several other Palestinian factions, including al-Mujahideen Movement, the
Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP), and
representatives of factions in Moscow, which includes representatives from
Fatah, condemned the attack and held the US administration responsible
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/us-vetoes-algeria-s-unsc-resolution-demanding-ceasefire-in-g>
for such events.

*Read more: Malnutrition, hunger kills 7 infants in Gaza due to Israeli
war, siege
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/malnutrition--hunger-kills-7-infants-in-gaza-due-to-israeli>*
Palestinian Presidency will not tolerate displacement

"The fall of this large number of innocent civilian victims, risking their
lives for a [food], is [is representative] of the genocidal war committed
by the occupation government against our people," the Palestinian
Presidency headed by Mahmoud Abbas said in a statement.

"The Israeli occupation authorities bear full responsibility, and they
should be held accountable before international courts," the statement read.

The presidency emphasized "the importance of immediate intervention from
the international community to stop this aggression," calling on the US
administration in particular to do so, as it "provides [Israel with]
support and protection."

"Continuing these massacres clearly indicates that [Israel's] true goal is
the slaughter and displacement of the Palestinian people from their land,
something we will not tolerate at all," the presidency concluded.

*Read more: Israeli forces massacre 100+ civilians waiting for aid in Gaza
City
<https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/israeli-forces-massacre-100--civilians-waiting-for-aid-in-ga>*