[News] Elbit Eight Trial Delayed - #ElbitIsGuilty, We Are Not!

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 7 11:41:02 EDT 2022

/"Resistance against Elbit is a duty, a duty that will be answered
regardless of what the British courts have to say."/

The landmark case of the Elbit Eight has been delayed to November 2023,
it was decided in a court hearing earlier this week. The charges still
stand and are highly politically motivated - an act of calculated
lawfare levelled at the movement that shut down an Israeli arms factory.
Its delay follows on from three prior delays to the trial over two years
- most notably in May 2021, when Gaza was under attack by Israel.

In addition to this, the trial of the Kingsway 3 entered court this
week. On the third day it was announced by the judge that the trial
would be put on hold to a further date, after Elbit Systems failed to
provide necessary evidence pertaining to the company's activities. Once
again, Elbit are shying away from the courts and the prospect of
scrutiny they offer.

A number of cases faced by members of Palestine Action have faced
significant delay, whilst many have walked free after charges being
dropped, owing to "unrealistic prospects of conviction" and the repeated
failures of Elbit to provide evidence to the courts. Last month, five
activists saw all charges dropped following action taken in July at
Elbit subsidiary 'UAV Engines', where combat drone parts and engines are
manufactured.

Nevertheless, the campaign to prove #ElbitIsGuilty continues, comprising
all our ongoing and upcoming legal battles. Regardless of legal
outcomes, we know that history will vindicate our actions, whilst Elbit
and the international arms trade will be condemned to the dustbin of
history. Resistance against Elbit is a duty, a duty that will be
answered regardless of what the British courts have to say.

Support activists who #ShutElbitDown in London. Mobilise at Highbury
Corner Magistrates Court from 9:30 am on the 11th, 12th and 13th October
next week.

*Highbury Corner Magistrates Court*
<https://click.actionnetwork.org/ss/c/GTcSsGdfDWzRRezYN3CORuP8yqwHV1xycsqHAyUsAeRsckfkr4TLSrEMmTKnZ9dxCTla9jABTSTo3aRBk-3oRjJ1FOn1MEANNIsOqQCWGePywsdzBAw8J4Ol13MR86WUDVDc2SA4S8C7TyGOInAhAt3fLiL2yDJwoQXrsv7pIqHyWF0bLXOLx9Eylw9acosoCfegvlM38gUdegcC9y_bFF8-N6I0S-vBQY6grdzLRyUtzp5Yhg4XSSinZeEEDcjLYnc9MhPcOeyRn2hVkfOAjBGDcz6CW5GXIYJ7WN06H5z2q9Axe-OvP-Kb3tlSonycIHi_TQxidKYXIiCSwGBUlw/3q3/UEyRDno5TbamQ_FOkU-WBg/h0/iBbpcV8_lFPtLU6rO6VCjVKYMDmYYT8I48IpOb9UJ00>

Help activists facing legal consequences by donating - your donations
will help cover legal and transport costs incurred by activists.

*Donate*
<https://click.actionnetwork.org/ss/c/1XQbiUZqIgkFRQxQopJGKQIuCRKm5YeQaqePQmC7a8d_dxDq_5IWMCpRBmAWlZA0WYIMudbs97TNIKsFhPe1XW7VhsL7aSqqVMz9axDVMnY0Z2f5YweVQ1mPZbIO8RqfiqqbDYKhncjLHmsrfiWZeea6Ez-GiwZ9uTJJWT4X4f_uK5Lq0ISao4hs-jECck8xCf1eUzz8xIopek-vSFVk5mU61pGf_neVW7f6iI1ukpCzyEipqTwCEBrS7deUAC_pKqAFr7ouKZscgTXkQLguaCXBGiKuLHvUuJv5vBP0a28vr2O9uyHDXVaR_UrNFkv3lPTgk2wPbNebaNG8_sXGEg/3q3/UEyRDno5TbamQ_FOkU-WBg/h1/O2qHE9W2m_9zNT5lUr6VvSZmp8Y_t7Ryajs5b4oJlJU>