[News] Lights Out for Elbit; Yet Another Action at Israeli Arms Firm London HQ

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 31 09:47:41 EDT 2022

PalestineAction-London31-5-22-13.jpg

Today, we've shut down 77 Kingsway, host to Elbit Systems, Israel's
largest arms company, as part of the ongoing campaign to #ShutElbitDown.
Four activists, two of whom are themselves from Palestine, have pulled
the shutters on Elbit for the day after they secured themselves to the
site entrance using a body lock-on, preventing worker-access. The
headquarters plays an important role in facilitating Elbit's operations
in Britain, and have been hit with direct action for the sixth time in
two months.

In January, Palestine Action successfully shut down an Elbit factory in
Oldham, Manchester. The success of the campaign has seemingly sparked a
wave of repression inflicted on the group's activists, with numerous
examples of violent responses from Elbit security, and most notably the
case of the 9 activists who, after occupying the company's state of the
art Bristol headquarters several weeks ago, were placed on remand and
jailed.

Two activists - Stavit Sinai and Ronnie Barkan (both foreign nationals)
are still being held and await trial on June 15. A campaign for their
release is ongoing. One of the duo, commenting on their imprisonment,
stated: "The body might be incarcerated, but the soul is ever free". We
commend the 'unbreakable spirit' of the two political prisoners, and we
refuse to backdown to the crackdown!

The century plus campaign of terror and settler-colonialism inflicted on
Palestinians is today enabled by Elbit Systems, Israel's largest arms
company. For Palestine, the ongoing occupation is tantamount to a
constant, bloody war. Drones crawl the skies, clouds of tear gas
rain down, sprays of bullets are fired - ceaseless colonial violence
backed by Elbit. We've struck at Elbit's London headquarters yet again,
because whilst the British-backed military occupation continues, so do
we. No more hollow promises for Palestine, only this promise for Elbit:
Our activists and supporters will work day and night until we've shut
you down for good

Share on Twitter
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GO91ZjDVXusNM9FJ2b3z3pcT6ZKnNJU4VadpYDjpuf1fE0VmJCgZAc93Zoq6ccqc6htp55PPZlJ_1I35jnNmRm9sUtQ7DSd57Gvi2hrSsTNTTNL-s9fdsIBAx3GheSRyXzDNnvdhSbf9lxwOGXm7J7x1NCYZShIbagFDjy2fBVoA66EiT1JS-8K-YOjuziv9&c=mqkE_BuWigCHC0DQ9a9P0ejxfcKQ49rZ9k1KfJuwsURnHhv5Um46gA==&ch=1gzX9FRdR_BARurFSaozOSOCUeq49I4kAvjlOjkUu5XTEZnsANI8Pg==>

Press Release
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GO91ZjDVXusNM9FJ2b3z3pcT6ZKnNJU4VadpYDjpuf1fE0VmJCgZAc93Zoq6ccqcnS4nydMwQHdUOtmbnPgGGdnN8ASAb_a6x2RzUaVqzxJi9yUCs7-82QNJDcNMZarLRmlZNoOU5S5KfYp7o_ICcHA0nRJbxGZnjD-UbDSb_qE=&c=mqkE_BuWigCHC0DQ9a9P0ejxfcKQ49rZ9k1KfJuwsURnHhv5Um46gA==&ch=1gzX9FRdR_BARurFSaozOSOCUeq49I4kAvjlOjkUu5XTEZnsANI8Pg==>

Donate
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001GO91ZjDVXusNM9FJ2b3z3pcT6ZKnNJU4VadpYDjpuf1fE0VmJCgZAfAZex3jAUouQzK_YeQ6c3SEJbB-dmx255Nu3TtQwRaEUj5xo0Tj4yv60552SkRJMYsHk_n5-e6qzxXjCxsLLHsuQOJAwkMVcZ8mGLgtBDY0&c=mqkE_BuWigCHC0DQ9a9P0ejxfcKQ49rZ9k1KfJuwsURnHhv5Um46gA==&ch=1gzX9FRdR_BARurFSaozOSOCUeq49I4kAvjlOjkUu5XTEZnsANI8Pg==>