[News] Declaration of the 21st Summit of Heads of State and Government of ALBA-TCP
news at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 30 11:16:17 EDT 2022
Declaration of the 21st Summit of Heads of State and Government of ALBA-TCP
*“ALBA-TCP REJECTS EXCLUSIONS AND THE DISCRIMINATORY TREATMENT IN THE
SO-CALLED SUMMIT OF THE AMERICAS IN LOS ANGELES”*
The Heads of State and Government and the Heads of Delegations of the
countries of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America –
Peoples’ Trade Treaty (ALBA-TCP), gathered in Havana, Cuba, on May 27,
2022, at its 21st Summit:
1. Ratify their commitment to strengthen ALBA-TCP as an instrument of union
of our peoples, based on the principles of solidarity, social justice,
cooperation and economic complementarity; with the genuine regional
integration led by the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States
(CELAC); and with the postulates of the Proclamation of Latin America and
the Caribbean as a Zone of Peace.
2. Support the demands of the countries of Our America to materialize a
change in the hemispheric relations, based on the Charter of the United
Nations and the International Law, including the principles of sovereign
equality, non-interference in the internal affairs, non-use or threat of
use of force, peaceful settlement of disputes and self-determination of
3. Reaffirm their support to multilateralism, as the main instrument to
address multifaceted and complex global challenges through collective
4. Denounce the pretensions of imperialist domination over the peoples of
Latin America and the Caribbean to maintain the region divided according to
their hegemonic interests.
5. Reject the arbitrary, ideological and politically motivated exclusion of
several of our countries from the so-called Summit of the Americas, to be
held in June in Los Angeles, United States. Such a unilateral decision
constitutes a serious historic regression in the hemispheric relations and
an outrage to the Latin American and Caribbean peoples.
6. Support the right of all countries of the continent to be invited and to
participate in said event on an equal footing and underscore that the host
country of the meeting of Los Angeles has no right to impose exclusions or
conditions in violation of their sovereignty and independence.
7. Denounce the discriminatory treatment by the United States as the host
country of the so-called Summit of the Americas against numerous
representatives of the genuine civil society of our continent.
8. Emphasize that this kind of exclusionary meeting, does not contribute to
the solution of any of the urgent integration challenges or the global and
9. Support and thank the courageous and dignified standing adopted by
governments, social actors, organizations and the brotherly peoples of our
continent, which have rejected, overwhelmingly and in different ways, the
exclusions from the meeting of Los Angeles.
10. Reject the imposition of coercive unilateral measures against Venezuela
and Nicaragua, and the economic, commercial and financial blockade against
Cuba in violation of the principles and purposes enshrined in the Charter
of the United Nations and the International Law.
11. Vindicate the national dignity of our peoples, based on the respect for
the ideals of the national heroes and founding fathers of Latin America and
12. Support the genuine efforts to foster a respectful dialogue, tolerance
and peaceful coexistence and cooperation among the countries of our
Americas, without exception, in order to find effective solutions to major
problems affecting our hemisphere.
Havana, May 27, 2022.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the News