[News] A Statement on Ukraine from the Black Liberation Movement

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri May 6 12:01:01 EDT 2022

 *A Statement on Ukraine from the Black Liberation Movement*
<https://www.blackagendareport.com/statement-ukraine-black-liberation-movement>
Black Liberation Movement Organizations
<https://www.blackagendareport.com/author/Black Liberation Movement
Organizations>
<https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://www.blackagendareport.com/statement-ukraine-black-liberation-movement>
<https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=A
Statement on Ukraine from the Black Liberation
Movement&url=http://www.blackagendareport.com/statement-ukraine-black-liberation-movement>
<?subject=A
Statement on Ukraine from the Black Liberation Movement&body=NewsClick -
http://www.blackagendareport.com/statement-ukraine-black-liberation-movement>
[image: A Statement on Ukraine from the Black Liberation Movement]
<https://www.blackagendareport.com/sites/default/files/2022-05/no%20nato.jpg>

*Black liberation movement organizations issued a joint statement
<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/movement-news/2022/4/10/blmovementukrainestatement>
opposing US/NATO actions in Ukraine.*

*Dismantle NATO Now! Rescind the $16B US Allocations to the Ukraine War! US
Imperialism is the Main Danger to Peace, Sovereignty, and Justice for
Peoples all Over The World!*

The ongoing crisis and war in Ukraine threatens to pull the world into a
disastrous nuclear confrontation. Disinformation, lies, and propaganda from
the US and other western media are aimed at confusing millions of people
inside the US and around the world to view Russia as the aggressor, while
hiding the US role in the evolution of this conflict. One major example of
this manipulation is that western media has not been honest about
the massive role that the US played in facilitating a 2014 coup in Ukraine
that overthrew the country’s democratically elected president, and funneled
support to neo-Nazi forces who were favorable to US/EU interests, helping
them rise to power in Ukraine.

We, the undersigned organizations and individuals of the Black Liberation
Movement and the various mass organizations and movements fighting for
justice inside the US, call on all peace loving, Black, Brown, and
Indigenous communities to condemn and oppose US involvement in the Ukraine
and across Europe through its various corporate and political interests and
its military arm, The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).

We, Black people living in the United States, are a people of African
descent oppressed inside the United States. We have been barred from the
right to housing, to food, to medicine, to clean air, healthy environments,
education and livable wages. Our grandmothers make difficult decisions
monthly between keeping on the lights or being able to afford insulin. As
13% of the US population, we face disproportionate levels of violent police
repression and make up 40% of US prisoners. Those corporate and elite
ruling class forces in the US who are making the policies to expand NATO
across the 12,500 miles of Russia’s borders from Central Asia to Eastern
Europe, including Ukraine, are the same ruling elites that maintain the
oppressive policies inside the US that leave our communities in the racist
economic and political peril we have suffered here for hundreds of years.

We further condemn the blatant hypocrisy of the US government as a
capitalist, imperialist, patriarchal predator power that has invaded and
undermined numerous countries for regime change and other schemes, in order
to control the politics, wealth, and natural resources of those nations.
The United States is the strongest and largest imperialist power in the
world and has repeatedly invaded other nations such as Grenada (1983);
Afghanistan (2001); Iraq (2003); Libya (2011); and at least 21 others since
1945. The US military arm on the African continent is known as AFRICOM, a
force that breeds violence and instability in maintaining US corporate
interests across Africa.

In these imperialist wars, it is the Black, Brown, Indigenous, working and
poor families who suffer the losses of dislocation, the deaths of loved
ones, and other forms of agony. Black people in this country have fought in
every US war while our families and communities continue to suffer the
ravages of hatred, discrimination, poverty, disease, and death. In the
Ukraine conflict, racism is showing its ugly face in the denial of
immigration rights to African and other non-white people’s seeking to
escape the degradation and violence of this conflict, like all others
living in Ukraine.

We join with Black and Brown people in other countries in Africa, Asia, the
Caribbean, and Latin America who uphold the right of all nations to
sovereignty and security, including Russia, who has historically been
invaded by the forces of imperialism and fascism across its borders several
times in the 20th century. The Russian people lost millions of lives to
defeat fascism during WWII, fighting Hitler’s Nazi invasion of the USSR in
1941. This history of invasions of Russia also lies at the root of the
Russian concerns about its security and the Ukraine/NATO expansion scheme
that has provoked this war.

We call upon every community and organization fighting for justice and
peace to adopt and sign this statement calling for the Dismantling of NATO,
an end to US Support of the War in Ukraine, and to Rescind the Billions of
Dollars in military aid to Ukraine. Those military funds sent to Ukraine
should be reallocated to the needs of people inside the US for universal
healthcare, universal childcare, affordable housing, education, liquidation
of all student loan debt, minimum incomes and other human needs.

*Signed by:*

   - NBLM National Unity Initiative
   - New African People’s Organization
   - Black Workers for Justice <https://blackworkersforjustice.com/>
   - Mapinduzi <https://www.facebook.com/WEAREUZI/>
   - Black Alliance for Peace <http://blackallianceforpeace.com/>
   - All African People’s Revolutionary Party <http://aaprp-intl.org/>
   - New African Independence Party <https://newafrikan.org/>
   - Lowcountry Action Committee <https://www.lctakesaction.com/>
   - Spirit of Mandela <https://spiritofmandela.org/>
   - Cooperation Jackson <https://cooperationjackson.org/>
   - Pan-African Community Action <https://pacapower.org/>
   - Hood Communist <http://hoodcommunist.org/>
   - Imam Jamil Action Network <https://www.imamjamilactionnetwork.org/>
   - Parable of the Sower Intentional Community
   <https://www.instagram.com/parableofsower_coop/>