[News] Palestinian Factions Form Joint Operations Room in Jenin Refugee Camp

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Sun Sep 19 11:55:39 EDT 2021

palestinechronicle.com
<https://www.palestinechronicle.com/palestinian-factions-form-joint-operations-room-in-jenin-refugee-camp/>

*Mujahid Yaqoub Nafi’at, and Ayham Fouad Kammajiwere captured today
September 19th in Jenin- Ed.*Palestinian Factions Form Joint Operations
Room in Jenin Refugee Camp
3 minutes
------------------------------
Jenin refugee camp. (Photo: via UNRWA)

The Palestinian resistance factions announced yesterday the formation of “a
joint operations room” in the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank,
Anadolu has reported.

The military wings of Fatah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad are all involved, the
first time that the three movements have joined forces in such joint action.

The agency quoted a resistance fighter from Al-Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, a
group affiliated with Fatah. “There is no room to talk [with Israel] except
with bullets,” he said. “We are ready to fight and we will not retreat.”

'There is not a single family in the refugee camp without a prisoner or
someone who was killed [by the army].'https://t.co/qc8kpzu9R5

— +972 Magazine (@972mag) September 13, 2021
<https://twitter.com/972mag/status/1437468621232431107?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>

The agency pointed out that armed masked men wearing the insignia of the
Izz Al-Din Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, were also present.

According to a fighter with Islamic Jihad’s Al-Quds Brigades, “A general
mobilization has been announced in the camp and all factions are ready to
fight. The Israeli army will see what it does not expect if it even thinks
to enter the camp.” He explained that resistance fighters from different
parts of the West Bank have arrived in Jenin camp “in preparation for any
battle.”

The joint operations room appears to be a response to the fact that two of
the escapees from Gilboa Prison in Israel are believed to be trying to get
to the Jenin refugee camp.

‘Blood For Blood’: On Jenin And Israel’s Fear Of An Armed Palestinian
Rebellion
By Ramzy Baroud at RamzyBaroud
<https://twitter.com/RamzyBaroud?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>https://t.co/uWDGwNwPsc
pic.twitter.com/XNfkKEZqQW <https://t.co/XNfkKEZqQW>

— Antiwar.com (@Antiwarcom) August 27, 2021
<https://twitter.com/Antiwarcom/status/1431303281788268547?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw>

The Israeli Chief of Staff, Aviv Kochavi, said on Wednesday that if the two
do indeed reach Jenin, the Israeli army will storm the city in force in
order to recapture them, even if the operation affects the rest of the West
Bank.

“The camp hopes that the fugitive prisoners, Mujahid Yaqoub Nafi’at, and
Ayham Fouad Kammaji, will get here,” said the Al-Quds Brigades fighter. “We
will protect them with our bodies and everything we have.”

*(MEMO, PC, Social Media)*

(The Palestine Chronicle is a registered
<https://www.palestinechronicle.com/about/> 501(c)3 organization, thus, all
donations are tax deductible.)