[News] Police harassment following Liverpool Action by Palestine Action

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 14 16:11:24 EDT 2021

Activists have homes raided, possessions seized - and how you can support us

PALESTINE_ACTION_ROOF_-009.JPG

Palestine Action activists have homes raided, possessions seized, and
other police harassment following action taken against the Liverpool
Arms Fair

Following the scaling and occupying of the ACC Arena - venue for the
Liverpool Arms Fair - activists have had their homes raided, possessions
seized, and families harrassed. This is not limited to the two activists
who scaled the site and occupied for over a day and a half - six homes
were raided over the past two days in Liverpool, including the homes of
two individuals who were arrested in Liverpool for merely carrying cans
of spray paint.

Three of the homes raided were family homes containing young children,
while four took place in the middle of the night. One activist's close
acquaintance was arrested - for unknown reasons - and subsequently
released on bail. Possessions seized included Palestine flags, posters,
books with Arabic in them, personal devices, and cash.

This type of police harassment comes as no surprise to Palestine Action
- with our activists regularly experiencing raids, causeless arrests,
intimidation of families, property seizure and more. After the police
failed to prevent activists from scaling the ACC building, and after
their subsequent 'dispersal zone' order failed to keep protestors away,
these actions show their desperation to save face. They can commit all
the raids they like, and harass and intimidate as much as they like - if
these arms fairs keep taking place in Britain, our activists will
continue to take action.

Supporting Palestine Action

Our actions can only take place with help from supporters - including
turning up to show solidarity, publicising our actions, and helping us
to cover the cose of each action.

We have hundreds of new members willing and eager to take action to
#ShutElbitDown and take arms factories off of our streets - for this to
happen, we need resources. To help to make future actions possible,
please donate via the link below.

Donate
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0010jzgMLqEpgbKSuFbXfVNActN0KLrr0NHvGtgOMiTmvs6t-iCertUSb_YKdouBHeCdsUxg8AkWR69Amp5_T7ceHhpbuuzlzk71G9r1QE1xnkhqbdylJRvTawSiB_FOQbhqvhp-N7C62_LxUX6D0Gd18dAclxSJzd3&c=ynYSIs7DGBFO9Btncyff-YwSwBq5wSBhVNsGLq2VQzbzAPJecDaQ2w==&ch=BD3yttobo_hAXMt-WHmHFAtPYwBHwPdsFauFvbT91oHzu8Bg31BX7w==>

Press Release
<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0010jzgMLqEpgbKSuFbXfVNActN0KLrr0NHvGtgOMiTmvs6t-iCertUSQMA0FMUKUNq6Ju2gJwZm9NsvglVLE-Tm2z6SeVe8s5E8WHtE5a3RfNvYiW_kotHkYrp5Pl7odb3sj28OJdBaTP-OfaxIhgPESDgqsWQnNdCHUIjENv8ZtCzHbhGunBAdw==&c=ynYSIs7DGBFO9Btncyff-YwSwBq5wSBhVNsGLq2VQzbzAPJecDaQ2w==&ch=BD3yttobo_hAXMt-WHmHFAtPYwBHwPdsFauFvbT91oHzu8Bg31BX7w==>

Palestine Action| 77 Kingsway, London, United Kingdom