[News] Israeli Army to Double Troop Numbers in West Bank

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 4 12:17:55 EDT 2021

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/israeli-army-to-double-troop-numbers-in-west-bank/
Israeli
Army to Double Troop Numbers in West Bank
May 4, 2021
------------------------------
Israeli soldiers in the occupied West Bank. (Photo: WikimediaImages via
Pixabay)

Israeli occupation forces are to increase the number of troops in the
occupied West Bank in preparation for a possible escalation, Israeli media
reported an army official saying yesterday.

“The IDF [Israeli army] will increase its forces and expand its operational
activities in the coming weeks in Judea and Samaria [the occupied West
Bank] as part of its readiness for escalation,” Chief of Staff of Israeli
Army Aviv Kochavi said during a visit to the occupied West Bank.

This came during a manhunt campaign being conducted in the West Bank to
look for suspects who opened fire at Jewish settlers near Zaatara
checkpoint near the city of Nablus.

Sources reported that occupation forces used live ammunition to deter
protests and gatherings of Palestinians who attempted to stop the Israeli
occupation army from attacking their neighborhoods.

“Many forces, with the help of intelligence officials and the Shin Bet
[Israel Security Service], have been working since [Sunday] to find the
terrorists, and will continue to do so until the mission is completed,”
Kochavi added.

“The IDF will continue to act as required in all sectors in order to ensure
the security of Israeli citizens,” Kohavi said, according to the Jerusalem
Post.

“We will not allow terrorism to raise its head and we will strike our
enemies with force,” he said.

*(MEMO, PC, Social Media)*

(The Palestine Chronicle is a registered
<https://www.palestinechronicle.com/about/> 501(c)3 organization, thus, all
donations are tax deductible.)