[News] Canceled - COINTELPRO 101 and George Jackson Commemoration Screening: Saturday 8/28

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Aug 27 12:25:39 EDT 2021

*Friends - We're sorry to have to cancel this event due to Covid risks
and smoke. We will announce a re-scheduled event in the future!*

image.png
*/COINTELPRO 101 /and /George Jackson Commemoration /Screening: Saturday
8/28*

*WHERE: 440 25th St, Oakland*
*WHEN: Saturday August 28th & September 11th*

*7:00 PM Doors Open | 7:30 PM Panel & Film Screening*

In partnership with Freedom Archives
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7393&qid=1221154>,
the NLG-SFBA will host a series of outdoor film screenings and
discussions on* Saturday, August 28* and *Saturday, September 11*. These
events commemorate the 50th anniversary of George Jackson’s
assassination in San Quentin State Prison, the 50th anniversary of the
Attica Uprising, and the 20th anniversary of 9/11 and ongoing resistance
against state targeting in the wake of 9/11.

The first of the two-part series takes place on *Saturday, August 28th*.
Tickets are $15-25 sliding scale. You can register and buy tickets here:
*bit.ly/FilmScreening-8-28
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7394&qid=1221154>*

*We are seeking volunteers* to assist with set-up, clean-up, concessions
sales, and more! Please email membership at nlgsf.org
<https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7395&qid=1221154>
for volunteer sign-up and more information.

*Tickets for both in-person and virtual attendance are available.* The
panels, guided discussions, and films will be livestreamed. /While we
are optimistic about hosting this event outdoors and in-person, we are
prepared to fully transition this event as virtual-only in case of
circumstances beyond our control. All in-person tickets are eligible to
be converted to virtual tickets if this is the case./

  * *August 28th* - /Screening of COINTELPRO 101 and George Jackson
    Commemoration./**
      o *Register: bit.ly/FilmScreening-8-28
        <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7392&qid=1221154>

        *
  * *September 11th* - /Screening of Attica (1974) and We Know Our Rights./
      o *Register: bit.ly/FilmScreening-9-11
        <https://nlgsf.ourpowerbase.net/civicrm/mailing/url?u=7396&qid=1221154>*