[News] The struggle against Coastal GasLink continues! - Unist'ot'en Solidarity Brigade

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 9 19:16:31 EDT 2020

*The struggle against Coastal GasLink continues!  Please watch and share
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=ffa3835c22&e=ca231ece03>
this important message from Sleydo (Molly Wickam) on the current state of
the struggle.  Callout for long term supporters on the ground.*
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=2a7732c32e&e=ca231ece03>

*Protect the Headwaters*
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=60fec9204c&e=ca231ece03>

A message from Sleydo, Molly Wickham, spokesperson for the Gidimt'en
Checkpoint.

Our headwaters are under attack. Our way of life is at risk. Coastal
Gaslink is weeks away from test drilling beneath Wedzin Kwa - the river
that feeds all of Wet'suwet'en territory and gives life to our nation.

We continue to reoccupy our territories - to prepare our foods, to hold our
ceremonies, to teach our children what it means to be Wet'suwet'en.

We have to protect ourselves. We have to protect what we have at all costs.

*We need your support now more than ever.*

*Long Term Supporter Callout*

Both the Unist'ot'en village and Gidemt'en checkpoint are seeking long term
supporters who can come out and support on the ground for multiple weeks or
months.

Many projects need finishing as winter approaches and people with outdoor
skills and a commitment to work hard and follow indigenous leadership are
needed.

Is this you? Apply today!

Unist'ot'en Village Application
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=73c9f80fad&e=ca231ece03>

Gidemt'en Checkpoint Application
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=4c82312416&e=ca231ece03>

*Cooks Needed at Unist'ot'en*

Are you a talented cook or chef?  Unist'ot'en Healing Centre is in need of
your dedicated help and creativity!

Full-time volunteer cooks are needed to cook for the camp and Healing
Centre, for periods of 4 weeks to a few months. Due to covid19
restrictions, the long standing folks at camp have been doing all the
cooking for visitors, and cannot attend to other duties at camp.  A
dedicated cook or a few of them would allow for there to be more supporters
in general and would free up long term supporters and their Unist'ot'en
hosts.

Cooking at camp is unique and magical. The kitchen is a fully equipped
commercial kitchen, and available ingredients change every day.  One day
you're cooking with beans and hot dogs, and the next day you've got fresh
moose.  If you pride yourself on being able to cook from your heart and
experience, if you love feeding people, if you like a challenge, if you
want to help the Unist'ot'en in their endeavour to heal the people and the
land - Unist'ot'en Healing Centre is calling to you to apply.

For more information, please write to feedthefrontlines at gmail.com

Supporter toolkit
<https://facebook.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0103e92dff58215fc5fc7ac79&id=8b56cb32a6&e=ca231ece03>

Legal fund