[News] Cops who turn marches against police violence into parades don’t actually want substantial changes to policing.

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jun 3 19:35:24 EDT 2020

https://theappeal.org/cops-marching-in-police-violence-protests/?fbclid=IwAR0sdOwto72Fm07qMKgYN5yMjVlYE5l1lpYtVX9zmwuF8Esuunzd8VQ61UM
Don’t
Let Cops Join Our Protests
Derecka Purnell Jun 02, 2020
------------------------------
Cops who turn marches against police violence into parades don’t actually
want substantial changes to policing.

*This piece is a commentary, part of The Appeal’s collection of opinion and
analysis.*

Sunday is my Sabbath. I rest and rejuvenate. Every now and then, I steal my
own phone from the shelf where I pretend to hide it and check on the world.
The other day I was shocked by what I witnessed. Police officers were
participating in protests against police violence.

In Flint, Michigan, the sheriff looked down on a sea of Black people
sickened with the waves of recent police violence. The sheriff joined them,
saying