[News] Venezuela Rejects "Interventionist" Statement by US Southern Command Chief

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Apr 11 12:08:56 EDT 2017

https://venezuelanalysis.com/analysis/13042

  Venezuela Rejects "Interventionist" Statement by US Southern Command Chief

By Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela , April 10th 2017

The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela categorically rejects and protests
the comments expressed by Admiral Kurt Tidd, commander of the United
States Southern Command, which lay the groundwork for an attack on
Venezuela under the aegis of the false doctrine of collective regional
security.

On Thursday, April 6 2017, Admiral Kurt Tidd declared that: “…The
growing humanitarian crisis in Venezuela could eventually compel a
regional response”. This affirmation, aimed at creating uncertainty and
instability in the country, is framed within the interventionist order
of a group of governments that are harassing and relentlessly hounding
Venezuela through the construction of false assumptions accompanied by
operations in the media and fraudulent processes within the framework of
the Organization of American States (OAS).

This is nothing new. This is exactly the same script that has been
repeated by the spokespeople and regional executioners of the
interventionist plan against Venezuela to justify their avaricious
ambitions with regards to our resources, seriously threatening the peace
of our homeland.

Just as his predecessor John Kelly, who at the end of 2015 voiced false
opinions about the political, economic and social situation of the
country, which without a doubt formed part of the well-known script for
interference and provocation to justify, in the name of humanitarian
reasons and the subterfuge of a “regional response”, a future military
intervention in our territory whose real objective is simply to
overthrow the legitimately elected government.

It is particularly worrying that such declarations are being made in
this moment, when a ferocious international attack is being carried out
against Venezuela through the General Secretary of the OAS and a cohort
of countries allied to the US government, which undoubtedly form part of
the same plan under development to dominate our people.

We alert the international community to the plan which is underway to
undermine the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Venezuela,
contravening the United Nations’ Charter and its principles and aims.
This is a call to the peoples of Our America in the face of these
serious occurrences against our country.

The Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela rejects this latest act of
interference, which is against the principle of the self-determination
of the people, and ratifies its unshakeable commitment to the
institutions of the Bolivarian Republic to defend its liberty,
sovereignty and the independence of the nation, as part of the historic
legacy of our liberators.

Caracas, April 7th, 2017