[News] The international right is intent on pushing open the floodgates for foreign intervention in Venezuela

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Apr 5 11:09:58 EDT 2017

  A Post in the Militia of Peace. A call from Cuban Intellectuals and
  Artists
  <http://cuba-networkdefenseofhumanity.blogspot.com/2017/04/a-post-in-militia-of-peace-call-from.html>

April 4, 2017
/*http://cuba-networkdefenseofhumanity.blogspot.com/2017/04/a-post-in-militia-of-peace-call-from.html

Due to the interventionist maneuvers that imperialism and its regional
acolytes are currently trying to implement at the Organization of
American States (OAS) to delegitimize the Bolivarian process, the Union
of Writers and Artists of Cuba (UNEAC) and the Association Hermanos Saiz
(AHS), on behalf of the intellectual and artistic vanguard, express our
solidarity with the Venezuelan people. */

The international right is intent on pushing open the floodgates for
foreign intervention and restore by force, against the will of the
Venezuelan people, a submissive, violent, oppressive sellout regime.

Luis Almagro, Secretary General of the OAS, and his accomplices, aspire
to break the constitutional order and overthrow the Bolivarian
Government, which would throw Venezuelan society into chaos in order to
roll back the social gains that it has achieved.

The revolutionary process of the Venezuelan people in securing their
essential rights of independence, freedom, sovereignty, territorial
integrity and self determination are an affront to their enemies. They
could care less that Venezuela now has universal access to education and
knowledge or they have access to a wide range of human developmental
programs offered through the Mission Culture projects found in the
neighborhoods and communities.

We are in agreement with the statements of the Network in Defense of
Humanity, when they proclaimed, “we must respect the dignity of the
people and we urge them to keep their heads held high. Now is not the
time to allow the muddying of the water of progress, that is being
besieged by an avalanche of media slander and smear campaigns, to
prevail. It is however the time for unity, of struggle and for the final
victory over the sinister designs of imperialism.”

At this crucial moment, Cuban writers and artists evoke the words of
José Martí at a gathering of Caracas intellectuals on March 21, 1881;
“thus, armed with love, I come to offer the children of Bolivar a post
in the militia of peace.”

La Havana, April 3, 2017

Union of Writers and Artist of Cuba

Association Hermanos Saíz