[News] SF - Diana Block's Book Launch Sunday September 20th 3-5 pm

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Thu Sep 17 10:30:02 EDT 2015

    ​
    Please join  me for my Bay Area Book Launch of /Clandestine
    Occupations - an imaginary history. /I have been working on this
    novel for several years and am excited to be able to share it now.

    *Sunday, September 20th
    *
    *3-5 pm
    *
    *518 Valencia St., San Francisco (at 16th St.)

    *
    *PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
    *
    *https://www.facebook.com/events/1881234455434158/
    *

    *In 1984 radical activist Luba Gold goes underground to support the
    Puerto Rican independence movement.When Luba’s collective is
    targeted by an FBI sting, she escapes with her baby but leaves
    behind a sensitive envelope that is being safeguarded by a friend.
    When the FBI come looking for Luba, the friend must decide whether
    to cooperate in the search for the woman she loves.*

    ****

    *Told in the voices of five different women who cross paths with
    Luba over four decades, /Clandestine Occupations/ explores the
    difficult decisions that each woman confronts about the limits of
    legality, the risks of incarceration, and the conflicting demands of
    politics and love.A revolutionary feminist epic with psychological
    depth, the book spans the solidarity movements of the 1980’s to the
    awakenings of Occupy and even beyond to a beautifully imagined
    insurgency of the future.*

    ****

    *Based on lived experience, Diana Block’s bold new novel offers a
    thought-provoking reflection on the risks and sacrifices of
    political commitment, the damaging reverberations of disaffection
    and betrayal, and the exhilarating possibilities of love through
    struggle.*

    ***Like Clandestine Occupations on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/ClandestineOccupations?fref=ts
    *