[News] SF - Stop Mass Haitian Deportations by the Dominican Republic - Wed, 5:15

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jun 22 10:30:17 EDT 2015

*JOIN HAITI ACTION COMMITTEE TO DENOUNCE THE ILLEGAL INHUMAN POLICY OF
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC EXPELLING PEOPLE OF HAITIAN
DESCENT.*

*WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24, 5:15PM AT UN PLAZA in SAN FRANCISCO*

Meet at the Simon Bolivar Statue in UN Plaza (Hyde Street between
McAllister & Market) - a short walk from Civic Center BART in San Francisco

A draconian policy of ethnic cleansing in the Dominican Republic
threatens a quarter of a million people with deportation to Haiti.
Second and third generation Dominicans who are classified as Haitian
have been stripped of citizenship and declared "migrants." Vigilante
mobs and legal authorities alike are pushing people out of their homes
and taking their property. Anyone who is Black and under the age of 85
may be classified as Haitian, even if they were born in the DR and have
no ties to Haiti. They are being expelled from the country and made
stateless.

We join with individuals and organizations across the country, the
Caribbean and the globe to denounce this injustice and demand the
government of the Dominican Republic reverse its unjust law and end
forced expulsion of its citizens. No Human Being Is Illegal.

At the same time, we cannot ignore or fail to denounce our own
government which under the Obama Administration is responsible  for the
mass deportation of over two million Latin American immigrants  by 2014
and the incarceration of half a million people annually awaiting
immigration proceedings in horrific detention facilities across the
country. No Human Being Is Illegal.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

The Dominican Republic is Cementing the Foundations of Apartheid [K.Genet]:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kumera-genet/the-dominican-government-_b_6141618.html
Human Rights and Tourism: Why I Will Not Visit the Dominican Republic
_http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4168861_

WHAT TO DO:

Call or email the Haiti Special Coordinator at the State Department,
Thomas C Adams to urge US pressure to avert a humanitarian disaster in
the Dominican Republic.
PH: 202-647-9510 <tel:202-647-9510> FX: 202-647-8900 <tel:202-647-8900>
Email: HaitiSpecialCoordinator at state.gov
<mailto:HaitiSpecialCoordinator at state.gov>

Call your Representatives and Senators: 202-224-3121

Call the Dominican Republic embassy in Washington DC
202-332-7670 <tel:202-332-7670>, 202-387-2459 <tel:202-387-2459>
email: consular at us.serex.gov.do <mailto:consular at us.serex.gov.do>

Sent by Haiti Action Committee