[News] SF - Sun, January 18th, 7pm - Tongo Eisen-Martin to celebrate the release of his new book of poetry

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jan 12 10:52:24 EST 2015

*Join Tongo Eisen-Martin to celebrate
the release of his new book of poetry*
published by Penmanship Books, NY

*With music by Sake 1
**Hosted by Mahogany Browne
**Guest performance by Joyce Lee and more*

*January 18th, 7-9pm <x-apple-data-detectors://0>
**African-American Art and Culture Complex 762 Fulton St.
<x-apple-data-detectors://1> (@ Webster St.)*

For more information contact tongo.blackfire at gmail.com
<mailto:tongo.blackfire at gmail.com>

/“ Tongo Eisen-Martin combines the political urgency of the Black Arts
Movement with the razor-sharp lyricism of Golden Age Hip-Hop…It’s a work
that makes beautiful common sense and reminds us that the personal is
indeed political”— /AKIBA SOLOMON, writer, editor

“/Tongo’s ability to speak to the nation’s most ignored people relies on
his sharp wit and honest pedagogy. He analyzes our very core. With the
truth of Detroit Red and the mind of Malcolm X, Tongo teaches us how to
take back what is inherently ours.” —/ MAHOGONY L. BROWNE,, poet,
host/curator of Nuyorican Poets’ Cafe, publisher

“/Tongogara /(title of first book) /is a love letter to revolution. With
integrity, Eisen-Martin gives voice to those whose lives are ritually
overlooked; skillfully leading us through stories of injustice and
redemption, from cell block to street corner. Here is an unrelenting
commentary, a call to arms, illuminating the work we as a society have
left to do.” /—FELICE BELLE, poet, playwright

/“Tongo Eisen-Martin. I’m telling you, he changed me…He has that
multi-pronged talent that equals originality: narrative, musical,
language-lustful. He illuminates the dormant architecture of revolution
in your chest. Awakens your burn, your joy for this thing we call
stringing words together in the name of liberation…Mark these words:
he’s one of our greats.” —/ TARA HARDY, poet and teacher