[News] The Freedom Archives was honored by the 25th Annual PEN Oakland Awards

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Dec 8 18:13:22 EST 2015

Dear Friends,

The work of the Archives was honored by the 25th Annual PEN Oakland
<http://www.penoakland.com/> awards this weekend.  The award was to
recognize our work challenging censorship - based on our ongoing news
and prison information and for our addressing subjugated history.
Archives co-founder Lincoln Bergman accepted the award on our behalf.
Claude Marks and Nathaniel Moore also attended and were joined by
founders Nancy Barrett and Nina Serrano to share the honor. Oakland PEN
is dedicated to “dispel race, class and national hatreds and to champion
the ideal of one humanity living in peace in the world,” with special
emphasis on multicultural achievements.

As we sum up this successful year for the Freedom Archives, we thank you
for your support, for attending our events, visiting our new search
site, and for all of your contributions to make our work more dynamic
and relevant to the many struggles of the present and future.

We know you’ll agree that this exciting work needs to continue and its
impact deepen and grow.

Our deepest hope for this work is tied to newer generations accessing
and using our materials to broaden their vision of a more just future.
Our many interns and volunteers learn about a history of resistance that
also supports their work and vision.

*Preserve the past – illuminate the present – and shape the future!*

Please support us by *giving online
<https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>* or sending
us a generous check.

Thanks!