[News] Mabel Williams Presente!

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Apr 21 11:29:13 EDT 2014

We are very saddened to learn of the passing of Mabel Williams, the
legendary African-American activist, who, with her husband Robert F.
Williams, fought for and carried out the right of armed self-defense
against the vicious attacks of the Ku Klux Klan, militantly represented
the liberation struggle of her people during exile in Cuba, China, and
Africa, and continued her active lifelong engagement in social justice
struggles upon their return to the US. Mabel Williams was born June 1,
1931 and transitioned Saturday, April 19th at her family's home in
Detroit. There will be a Saturday homegoing in Detroit on April 26th and
she will be returned to Monroe, North Carolina shortly thereafter
according to her son John Williams.

We have begun to create a tribute to Mabel Williams based on our
longstanding friendship and work with her here
www.freedomarchives.org/Mabel.html
<http://www.freedomarchives.org/Mabel.html>

More details will follow.