[News] Official Declaration on the Health of President Hugo Chavez

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Mar 5 13:20:09 EST 2013

  Official Declaration on the Health of President Hugo Chavez

http://venezuelanalysis.com/news/8027
<http://venezuelanalysis.com/printmail/8027>
<http://venezuelanalysis.com/print/8027>

By Venezuelan Government

The Bolivarian government is informing the people of Venezuela, and our
brother peoples, of the development of President Hugo Chavez's health.

Today will be two weeks since our president returned to his Venezuelan
homeland, a decision which he made himself, following the surgery which
he underwent in Havana, Cuba, on December 11 last year.

 From today, there has been deterioration in his respiratory
performance, related to the immunodeficiency of his current clinical
condition. At present he is suffering from a new and serious respiratory
infection.

The president has been receiving intense chemotherapy, as well as other
complementary treatments, with the dosage according to the development
of his clinical state.

His general state of health continues to be very delicate.

The president is taking refuge in Christ and in life, conscious of the
difficulties that he is facing and strictly following the programme
designed by his medical team.

The Bolivarian government continues to accompany the /comaandante's/
children and his other family members.

In this battle of love and spirituality, the president calls on our
people to remain on the front-lines, unscathed by the psychological
warfare spread by foreign laboratories with their spokespeople in the
corrupt Venezuelan rightwing, which is attempting to bring about a
violent situation in order to create the pretext for a foreign
intervention in Bolivar's homeland.

Additionally, the Bolivarian government rejects the hypocritical
attitude of those historic enemies of Hugo Chavez, who have always
lavished him with their hate, insults and disrespect, and who now try to
use the situation of his health as an excuse to destabilise the
Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.

Fortunately, with /Comandante/ Chavez the Venezuelan people were
awakened, and those sectors from the corrupt right will never again return.

At this time, unity and discipline are the bases which will guarantee
the political stability of our homeland.

Long-live Chavez!

Caracas, March 4 2013.

/Translation by Rachael Boothroyd for Venezuelanalysis.com/