[News] New book on history of Control Unit Prisons now available from the Freedom Archives

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon Feb 4 13:47:45 EST 2013

  Out of Control is now Available

Image
<http://freedomarchives.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/out_of_control_cover4.jpg>
The Freedom Archives is happy to announce the arrival of Out of Control:
A Fifteen Year Battle Against Control Unit Prisons by Nancy Kurshan.
This important book documents the decade and a half struggle of the
Committee to End the Marion Lockdown in challenging the barbaric
practices at Marion Federal Prison in Illinois, opposing the
proliferation of control unit prisons across U.S. and illuminating the
racist and inhumane nature of U.S. incarceration. Additionally, a
special version of this book can also be found on the internet. While
the internet version is shorter and more concise, it provides direct
links to documents, pamphlets, audio and video segments as well as other
materials created by and related to the Committee to End the Marion
Lockdown. We have shared the link to access the internet book and will
continue to add media to supplement the narrative. We are really excited
about this book, the historical context it provides and the
interactivity of the online version.

http://www.freedomarchives.org/Out_of_Control/01_introduction.html

*You can order the book HERE!
<https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=33028>*