[News] Looters - Nicaragua footage benefit with Mat Callahan - Friday May 3 SF

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Apr 9 12:19:10 EDT 2013

It was with delighted surprise that a large cache of Looters video, long
thought to be lost, was rediscovered in 2010. This included footage shot
on two separate trips to Nicaragua which has considerable historical
value, especially for people researching the connections between music,
the Bay Area and Central America in the 1980's. The band decided to turn
this footage over to the Freedom Archives for its preservation and to
prepare it for public access. In the process of transferring from video
to hard drive, however, it was discovered that some of the tapes could
not be played without first being baked. This is a costly process and it
is for this purpose that the Freedom Archives proposed we do a
celebratory benefit to raise the required funds.  We hope everyone
connected with the Looters, Komotion or World Beat will join us in an
evening of discussion, poetry, film and music. See you there!
- Mat Callahan

This is a benefit sponsored by the Freedom Archives!