[News] PFLP - On the 63rd anniversary of Al-Nakba we will struggle until return and liberation

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Sun May 15 12:05:19 EDT 2011

On the 63rd anniversary of Al-Nakba we will struggle until return and
liberation

<http://www.pflp.ps/english/?q=may-15-no-surrender>
May 15: No Surrender!

The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine issued the
following statement on the 63rd anniversary of the Nakba:

To the heroic masses of our people, to the free Arabs of our nation's
burning revolution, to all progressive and democratic forces in the world...

Amid an atmosphere of revolutionary Arab movements, wide mass
initiatives awakening Arab politics, and in memory of one of the
great crimes of political history - the Nakba of the Palestinian
people, which has been a catalyst for the Arab cause and Arab
movement since the last century, we, in the Popular Front for the
Liberation of Palestine affirm on this anniversary our fierce
commitment to the rights of our people and our nation to all of the
historic land of Palestine. We reaffirm once again our firm
commitment to the rights of the Arab Palestinian people in the face
of massacres, the massive war machine of destruction and imperialism,
and the complicity of the so-called "international community," and in
the face of Palestinian and Arab official weakness to the point of
treason against the land and its people. We affirm our unshakeable
adherence to the right of our people to return to their homes from
which they were displaced, and to the struggle to achieve and
implement this just demand at all costs.

The Arab Palestinian people, all the peoples of the great Arab
nation, and all democratic and progressive people in the world,
remember the Nakba on this day - remember the barbarism, racism,
fascism, and violence of Zionism and the imperialist conspiracy and
involvement, not only against the Palestinian people but against all
Arabs. Imperialism worked with all its might for the establishment of
the Zionist entity on the land of Palestine in order to secure its
ability to loot Arab wealth and resources, control the destinies of
our nation, and to prevent our nation's development and progress,
leaving us prey to dependency, underdevelopment and dictatorship. The
resistance to the Zionist project, uniting the force of the
Palestinian people and the Arab nation, if collective and unanimous,
will achieve certain victory.

On the 63rd anniversary of the Nakba against our people and the
racist Zionist project usurping our land, the Zionist project now
shivers in horror and fear at the rise of the Arab people and the
loss of its main ally in the biggest Arab state, Egypt, the eternal
land of Abdel Nasser, which proved yesterday through the mobilization
of its people that all the years of Camp David and all the years of
normalization with the Zionist entity have done nothing to erase the
memory of the Arab people and their commitment to the liberation of
Palestine. The cries of the nation of Bouazizi in Tunisia  - "The
people want to liberate Palestine" - express the popular call of the
Arab people, which no dictatorship has been able to suppress or
erase. The inevitable demise of the Zionist project is clear in the
movement of the Arab people, in the continued movement of the
Palestinian and Lebanese resistance, and the march forward of the
Arab revolution.

To the revolutionary Arab youth - we, the youth and people of
Palestine, with our eyes yearning to make our own revolution, promise
that the banner of Arab Palestine will not fall. Despite living under
vastly different circumstances, we find in you a glimmer of hope and
real strength, bringing down the regimes of weakness and complicity.
Palestine's own Arab identity is clearer than ever, and our
collective Arab and Palestinian youth rebellions and aspirations are
a popular choice of a generation that is shaking the dust of fear and
defeat from its shoulders in order to build and struggle for victory.

To the Palestinian youth activists - This is not only a time to
remember al-Nakba, it is also a time for comprehensive review of our
national project and all policies since the beginning of our
revolution, in order to reformulate this project based on the lessons
of history and our faith in the ability of the people to defeat
injustice, based on the contemporary achievements of the revolution
and the development of Palestinian national identity. We must look at
our path and our course in the long battle to come, assess what is
required of us now amid the waves of Arab change, to develop a
comprehensive national strategy of struggle, including the
restructuring and democratization of all representative Palestinian
institutions, and build our resistance, national base, and national
consensus, independent of international dictates and derived from our
people's interests and needs - for liberation, return, and all forms
of resistance to defeat the occupation, free our prisoners, and
implement the right to return, self-determination, and the
establishment of an independent, fully sovereign Palestine with
Jerusalem as its capital.

The enemy must recognize that despite all attempts to secure official
Palestinian concessions, our people will never forget and never
accept our own subjugation and dispossession. The Zionist movement
engaged in systematic displacement and ethnic cleansing throughout
Palestine in order to attempt to force us to become a minority in our
own land and establish the so-called "Jewish state," but it is
desperate now as it recognizes that its future defeat is inevitable
and the coming days are those of our nation and our people.

On the anniversary of the Nakba, we stress our absolute rejection of
any acceptance of the occupaion and renew our commitment to the
struggle of the martyrs and the prisoners, of all of the displaced
people in refugee camps and throughout the world, that we will fight
and struggle until all return, and our national and historical rights
are achieved.

Glory to the martyrs and freedom to the prisoners - We will continue
the struggle until liberation and return!

Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine

May 14, 2011