[News] Puerto Rico - Macheteros ready for new actions

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 26 19:09:59 EDT 2010

http://www.tercerainformacion.es/spip.php?article19168

(NCM military)

PUERTO RICO: MACHETEROS READY FOR NEW ACTIONS

Jesus Davila ­Translated by  Vicente “Panamá” Alba

SANJUAN, Puerto Rico, October 12th, 2010 (NCM)-

The Boricuas People’s Amy-Macheteros stated that
in Puerto Rico the conditions exist for a mass
uprising against abuses and made clear that
although they are willing to renew the dialogue
with the Catholic church aborted in 2005, it’s
commando units are ready to engage in actions at the right time and place.

Some time ago, NCM News circulated in public
places  seven questions for that political-military formation and has received
with the official Machetero letterhead the
answers signed by Commander Guasabara, of the
Chiefs of Staff and from ”some corner in the heart of Borinquen”

Question: What is the mission of the EPB-M at
this historic juncture in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean?

Answer: Throughout this historic juncture we have
been patiently and responsibly observing we have
heard the grievances of our people and persons as
individuals who approach us distressed about what
is taking place.  At this point our patience has
come to an end. The amount of information that
has reached us about the looting of the public’s
assets, the deals made with the capitalists, the
thousands of layoffs, the attacks on our culture
does not allow us delays of any kind.  We would
fail our most basic responsibilities as a
revolutionary armed organization if we
remained  aloof with our arms crossed chanting to
the four winds without  taking action at the
right time, at the right place , at the right
target. Always making an effort to avoid political paternalism

Question: Some time ago the EPB-M announced it
was recruiting
Have you met your stated goal?

Answer: We’re at war and for this reason
Machetero commandos as well as permanent
recruitment are necessary. They will be necessary
until we achieve being a republic.

Question: Does the EPB-M remain as rear guard or
does it anticipate some change as a result of the situation in Puerto Rico?

Answer:  We the Macheteros are dialectic and
understand the objective laws that rule the
struggle for the liberation of our people. We
believe in the evolution of the inferior to the
superior, of the simple to the complex of that
everything depends upon the conditions of time
and place.  The concept of rear guard must be
understood in three phases.  The first is the
strategic offensive by the enemy and the defense
on our part. The second is the period of
strategic consolidation of neoliberal politics
and our preparations for the counteroffensive.
The third is the period of our strategic
counteroffensive in light of the present political reality.

Question: How does the political-military
situation in the border between Venezuela and
Colombia as well as other places of conflict in the region affect Puerto Rico?

Answer: The North American government is behind
the conflicts in Latin America as it understands
that in that way it weakens the Latin American
revolution. What it has failed to realize is that
this has allowed President Hugo Chavez to deepen
the revolutionary process in his country. There
is no other way to defeat imperialism if not by
deepening the process instead of back stepping
which is what their hope is. Our struggle is of
more urgency because throwing the Yankees out of
our homeland is important in order to obtain the
solidarity that the Latin American nations can
offer us and to consolidate the Latin American revolution.

Question: What analysis does the EPB-M have about
the social and national struggle in Puerto Rico
with sectors such as the students, organized
labor, political parties and advocacy groups?

Answer: The present political situation in Puerto
Rico is complex and analysis must not be made in
haste. On the one side, the colonial government,
aided by the government in the metropolis has
intensified the repressive measures and methods
of economic oppression against the people. The
layoff of public sector workers has raised
unemployment in Puerto Rico to levels almost
never seen before. The layoffs have impacted the
services from all government agencies received by
the people to such an extent that protests have
sparked up amongst people while waiting for
services hours and even days that once took
minutes. The solution offered by the government
is to hand over service delivery to the private
sector at greater expense to a people  already
overwhelmed  by excessive taxes, unstable
employment and poverty wages. In their eagerness
to please those who pay their political campaigns
the government takes basic rights from the people
such as freedom of expression and assembly, the
right to secure home ownership Allowing the
expropriations without community involvement and
a process that guarantees the public use of
expropriated properties,  the right of the
minority to oversee government when they do not
allow the voice of opposition to be heard in
Legislative Chambers, the lies and the attempts
to justify projects that negatively impact or
destroy the environment and endanger property and
human life such as is the case of the infamous
gas pipeline, the efforts to destroy public
education  and the University of Puerto Rico, and
the attacks on Puerto Rican culture. It is a long
list. Enough is to say that what is taking place
in Puerto Rico has created the conditions for a
popular uprising. If this is to happen or not
will depend on how important sectors of society
react such as Labor Unions, organized communities
and political organizations.  If they are
intimidated and do not speak clearly to the
people the possibilities diminish.  We will do
everything within our means so that our people
understand that it must defend itself from so much abuse.

Question: Does the EPB-M posses information about
the political military strategy of the U.S. as to Puerto Rico?

Answer:  Our organization always obtains
information which allows us to remain active and
define strategies and tactics of struggle. This
is the reason we’ve been able to overcome the
persecution of many years. Obviously, as it’s the
case of serious journalists, we do not reveal our
sources. We utilize the information to our ends
and only reveal that witch of benefit to our people ends our selves.

Question: Are there conditions for the resumption
of the dialogue with the Church that was aborted
because of assassination of Commander Filiberto Ojeda?

Answer: We have always been willing to dialogue
with Monsignor Roberto Gonzales Nieves and
exchange ideas about the political situation of
Puerto Rico. In what we will not engage in is in
any dialogue which has as its goal for us to
abandon our political position about armed
struggle in Puerto Rico.  Whenever we were
interested in General Secretary, Commander
Filiberto Ojeda meeting with someone or
information reached us  that some leader or
another wished to meet with us, we would discuss
it and analyze it and approve it or postpone it
for some time. Our Comrade Commander always
reported what was discussed in these meetings. In
the case of the meeting with the Bishop Roberto
Gonzales Nieves, he informed us of amongst other
things that the Bishop tried to convince him to
leave clandestinely and abandon armed
struggle.  To this our General Secretary
respectfully answered that he recognized the
right of trying to convince him and in the same
spirit invited him to join our cause. Two leaders
tried to convince one another. Any other
statement about this has been taken out of
context because of a genuine ignorance of the
facts or because of some other reason we are unaware of.

NCM-SJ-NY-10-23-10-29

NCM News is a global system of information
distribution which is not affiliated with any
other interest, whether economic, institutional
or political, nor is it a subsidiary of any
organization, entity or government. The editorial
Policy of NCM News is exclusively that which is
disseminated in its editorials and promotes
pacifism, justice and freedom of peoples without
doctrinal ties. The media, agencies, and other
systems that disseminate NCM News notes do so
with complete freedom and have their own points
of view and their own editorial policies.

Puerto Rico: Macheteros listos para nuevas acciones

Entrevistas | Jesús Dávila-NCM | 13-10-2010 |
http://www.tercerainformacion.es/spip.php?article19168

El Ejército Popular Boricua-Macheteros afirmó que
en Puerto Rico se dan las condiciones para un
levantamiento popular contra los abusos y dejaron
claro que, aunque están dispuestos a reanudar las
conversaciones con la Iglesia Católica abortadas
en 2005, sus grupos comandos ya están listos para
entrar en acción, en el lugar y momento adecuados.

Hace algún tiempo, NCM Noticias difundió en
lugares públicos siete preguntas para esa
formación político-militar y se ha recibido, con
membrete oficial de los Macheteros, las
respuestas firmadas por el Comandante Guasábara,
del Estado Mayor y “desde algún rincón en el corazón de Borinquen”.

Pregunta: ¿Cuál es la misión del EPB-M en esta
coyuntura histórica en Puerto Rico y el Caribe?

Respuesta: Durante toda esta coyuntura histórica
hemos venido observando con paciencia y con
responsabilidad, hemos escuchado las quejas
constantes del pueblo y personas en su carácter
individual que se acercan a nosotros muy
angustiados por todo lo que está sucediendo. Ya
nuestra paciencia y pasividad han llegado a su
término. El volumen de información que ha llegado
a nuestras manos sobre el saqueo al erario
público, los compromisos con los grandes
capitales, los miles de despidos, el atentar
contra nuestra cultura no admite de nuestra parte
dilaciones de ninguna especie. Faltaríamos a
nuestros elementales deberes como organización
revolucionaria armada si permaneciéramos
tranquilamente con los brazos cruzados y
vociferando consignas a los cuatro vientos sin
asestar el puño en el momento adecuado, el lugar
adecuado al objetivo adecuado. Siempre tratando
de evitar caer en un paternalismo político.

P: Hace algún tiempo el EPB-M anunció que estaba
en reclutamiento
 ¿Ya se cumplieron las metas trazadas?

R: Estamos en guerra, por tal razón, los comandos
macheteros, al igual que el reclutamiento
permanente, son necesarios. Serán necesarios hasta que logremos la República.

P: ¿Sigue el EPB-M como “retaguardia” o se
anticipa algún cambio debido a la situación de Puerto Rico?

R: Los Macheteros somos dialécticos y entendemos
las leyes objetivas por las que se rige la lucha
de liberación de nuestro pueblo. Creemos en la
evolución de lo inferior a lo superior, de lo
simple a lo complejo de que todo depende de las
condiciones, del lugar y del tiempo. El término
retaguardia tenemos que entenderlo en tres
etapas. La primera es la ofensiva estratégica del
enemigo y la defensa de parte nuestra. La segunda
es el período de consolidación estratégica de la
política neoliberal y de nuestra preparación para
la contraofensiva. La tercera es el período de
nuestra contraofensiva estratégica como
organización a la luz de la realidad política actual.

P: ¿Cómo afecta a Puerto Rico la situación
político-militar en la frontera de Venezuela y
Colombia, así otros puntos de conflicto en la región?

R: El gobierno norteamericano está detrás de los
conflictos en América Latina pues entiende que
así debilita la Revolución Latinoamericana. Lo
que no ha tenido en cuenta es que esto le ha
permitido al Presidente Hugo Chávez profundizar
el proceso revolucionario en su país. No hay otra
forma de derrotar al imperialismo sino
profundizando el proceso y no echándolo para
atrás que es lo que ellos pretenden. Nuestra
lucha se hace más urgente porque echar a los
yanquis de nuestro suelo, es importante para
lograr la solidaridad que puedan brindarnos los
países latinoamericanos y para consolidación de
las revoluciones latinoamericanas.

P: ¿Qué análisis tienen los EPB-M sobre la lucha
nacional y social en Puerto Rico con elementos
tales como los estudiantes, los sindicatos, los
partidos y los grupos de reivindicaciones particulares?

R: La situación política actual en Puerto Rico es
complicada y no deben hacerse análisis
precipitados. Por un lado, el gobierno colonial,
apoyado por el gobierno de la metrópolis, ha
extremado las medidas represivas y de opresión
económica contra el pueblo. Los despidos de
empleados públicos han llevado el desempleo a
niveles casi nunca vistos en Puerto Rico. Los
despidos han afectado el servicio que recibía el
pueblo en todas las agencias del gobierno, al
punto que las protestas han estallado entre las
personas que esperan horas y días para recibir un
servicio que antes tomaba minutos. La solución
que da el gobierno de pasar esos servicios a
empresas privadas, traerá el encarecimiento de
los mismos a un pueblo ya agobiado por impuestos
excesivos, empleos precarios y salarios de
hambre. En su afán por complacer a los que pagan
las campañas políticas, el gobierno aprueba leyes
que confiscan fundamentales derechos al pueblo
como el de libre expresión y asociación, el
derecho de hogar seguro permitiendo las
expropiaciones sin la participación de las
comunidades y sin procesos que garanticen el uso
público de las propiedades expropiadas, el
derecho de las minorías a fiscalizar el gobierno
cuando no permiten a la oposición manifestarse en
las Cámaras Legislativas, las mentiras y los
intentos de justificar obras que perjudican y
destruyen el ambiente y ponen en peligro
propiedades y vidas humanas, como es el caso del
infame gasoducto, los intentos de destruir la
educación pública y la Universidad de Puerto
Rico, los ataques a la cultura puertorriqueña. La
lista es muy larga. Baste decir que lo que sucede
en Puerto Rico ha creado las condiciones para un
levantamiento popular. Si eso se da o no se da,
dependerá de cómo reaccionen sectores importantes
de la sociedad, como son los sindicatos, las
comunidades organizadas y las organizaciones
políticas. Si se intimidan y no hablan claro al
pueblo, las posibilidades disminuyen. Por nuestra
parte, haremos todo lo posible para que nuestro
pueblo entienda que tiene que defenderse de tanto abuso.

P: ¿Tiene el EPB-M información sobre la
estrategia política y militar de EEUU con respecto a Puerto Rico?

R: Nuestra organización siempre recibe
información importante que nos permite
mantenernos activos y definir estrategias y
tácticas de lucha. Por eso hemos resistido la
persecución por tantos años. Obviamente, al igual
que los periodistas serios, no revelamos nuestras
fuentes. La información la utilizamos para
nuestros fines y solamente se revela aquella que
es beneficiosa y necesaria para el pueblo y para nosotros.

P: ¿Hay condiciones para que se reanuden las
conversaciones con la Iglesia que fueron
abortadas por el asesinato del Comandante Filiberto Ojeda?

R: Nosotros siempre hemos estado dispuestos a
conversar con el Monseñor Roberto González Nieves
e intercambiar ideas sobre la situación política
de Puerto Rico. En lo que nunca participaríamos
sería en una conversación conducente a que
abandonemos nuestra línea política sobre la lucha
armada en Puerto Rico. Siempre que nos interesaba
que el Secretario General, Comandante Filiberto
Ojeda, se reuniera con alguien, o nos llegaba la
información de que tal o cual líder deseaba
reunirse con nosotros, lo discutíamos y lo
analizábamos y se daba el visto bueno o lo
posponíamos por un tiempo. Siempre el compañero
Comandante rendía un informe sobre lo discutido
en esas reuniones. En el caso de la reunión con
el obispo Roberto González Nieves, nos dijo entre
otras cosas, que el Obispo trató de convencerlo
para que saliera de la clandestinidad y
abandonara la lucha armada. A lo cual nuestro
Secretario General le contestó con todo respeto,
que, le reconocía el derecho de tratar de
convencerlo, y, de igual manera, lo invitó a que
se uniera a nuestra causa. Dos líderes tratando
uno de convencer al otro. Cualquier otra
afirmación sobre el particular se ha sacado de
contexto por desconocimiento genuino o por alguna otra razón que no conocemos.