[News] Cynthia McKinney: Israel's Latest Murder of Humanitarian Activists

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 31 10:07:10 EDT 2010

Cynthia McKinney Mourns the Dead of the Freedom Flotilla to
Gaza:  People of the U.S. and the world must end Israeli impunity now!

I am outraged at Israel's latest criminal act.  I mourn with my
fellow Free Gaza travelers, the lives that have been lost by Israel's
needless, senseless act against unarmed humanitarian activists.  But
I'm even more outraged that once again, Israel's actions have been
aided and abetted by a U.S. political class that has become corrupted
beyond belief due to its reliance on Zionist finance and penetration
by Zionist zealots for whom no U.S. weapons system is too much for
the Israeli war machine, and the silence of the world's onlookers
whose hearts have grown cold with indifference.

I recently visited the offices of IHH, the Turkish humanitarian
organization that sponsored one of the Freedom Flotilla boats, and
that was targeted by the Israelis for its murderous rampage.  Reports
are still coming in as to the full extent of the senseless Israeli
violence.  Of course, I expect Israel's apologists in the press and
in the United States government to shift into high gear to support
Israel's lying machine.  Take note of their names.  The 12,000
internet squatters/written word grenade throwers, hired by the
Israeli Foreign Ministry to defend Israel and attack peace activists
online, are already busy spreading their orchestrated disinformation
in cyberspace.  Be very careful what you read and believe from
special interest press and the internet.  You could be reading one of
Israel's hired hacks.  As a news diversion from what Israel has just
done, I suspect that we can also expect to see a lot of historical
footage of war's atrocities on television:  today is Memorial Day in
the United States, a day long ago set aside to remember the
sacrifices of U.S. war dead.

I encouraged and supported U.S.S. Liberty veteran Joe Meadors's
participation in the Freedom Flotilla.  Unfortunately, the fate of
the U.S.S. Liberty innocents on the high seas, while in international
waters, has now been visited upon the participants in the Freedom
Flotilla, in large measure because of the Congressional- and
Presidential-level cover-up of the 1967 Israeli attack on that U.S.
surveillance ship.  Combined with the failure of just about every
other effort to hold Israel accountable for its crimes against
humanity, war crimes, genocide, and crimes against the
peace.  Belgium and Spain changed their domestic laws of universal
jurisdiction after Israeli appeals to do so.  The entire musical
chairs gang of rotating Israeli leadership are war criminals.  During
my imprisonment in Israel for attempting to take crayons to the
children of Gaza, I called Israel a failed state.  If Israel is
threatened by unarmed, humanitarian activists to the point of
massacring them, then Israel is a failed state.  Israel is a failed
nuclear state.

Obama's most recent granting of an additional $205 million for
Israeli "missile defense" is unconscionable, when in the same week,
reports revealed for the first time, Israel's offer of nuclear
weapons to apartheid South Africa.  Just last week, a paper bearing
the signature of former Israeli Prime Minister, Shimon Peres, was
released by South Africa, revealing that in 1975, Israel could offer
South Africa nuclear weapons "in three sizes."  South Africa's
then-Minister of Defense, P.W. Botha, was South Africa's signatory to
the letter.  This information would make the entire Obama
Administration look sadly farcical as it points an accusing finger at
Iran, except that U.S. obeisance to the Israeli bloodthirst is deadly
serious.  With deadly outcomes.

Earlier this month, Israel was granted admission to the Organization
of Economic and Community Development (OECD), a direct affront to
ongoing Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) efforts across the
world.  Once again, Israel has thumbed its nose at the global
community--with bloody results--because it can.

I am proud to serve on the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on
Palestine.  Its next sitting will be in London, where we will examine
corporate complicity in Israel's crimes against Palestine.  The
Tribunal will sit from November 5 - 7.  Please put this on your
calendar.  We all must do what we can, where we are to end wars
against the people at home and wars against human rights abroad.

Finally, a friend just sent a message to me saying that the Israelis
had lost their minds.  Sadly, based on the past, the Israelis could
very well conclude that they can do anything--imprison me for trying
to take love to the children of Gaza and kill humanitarian activists
trying to do the same--because they know, in the end, they'll get
away with it.  Instead, I would suggest that we are the ones who have
lost our minds, our souls, our spirits, and our human dignity if we
allow the Israelis to get away with murder--again--and we do nothing.

I am calling on the people of the United States to change course now.

On this Memorial Day 2010, I am stunned and outraged beyond belief
while mourning the dead of the Freedom Flotilla to Gaza.

--
<http://dignity.ning.com/>http://dignity.ning.com/
http://www.enduswars.org

Silence is the deadliest weapon of mass destruction.