[News] Israeli Deputy FM Ayalon lies through his teeth about the flotilla massacre

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jun 1 14:49:51 EDT 2010

Israeli Deputy FM Ayalon lies through his teeth about the flotilla massacre

By
<http://palestinethinktank.com/author/mary-rizzo/>Mary
Rizzo • May 31st, 2010 at 20:21
http://palestinethinktank.com/2010/05/31/israeli-deputy-fm-ayalon-lies-through-his-teeth-about-the-flotilla-massacre/

WRITTEN BY MARY RIZZO

It is impossible for one to maintain calm while
reading lies. Today’s dosage of lies (called
Hasbara, and from now on, when an Israeli is
lying, I will start to use the very “to hasbara”,
conjugated appropriately) was more poisonous than
usual. It runs under the topic of “defending
atrocities”, which is only slightly less frequent
than the “defending racist policies” rubric. My
comments to these obscene utterings from the
Israeli Foreign Affairs Ministy in Rabid Red.

Seizure of the Gaza flotilla: Press conference with Deputy FM Ayalon

DEPUTY FM AYALON:  Good morning, everyone. I want
to report this morning that the armada of hate
and violence in support of the Hamas terror
organization was a premeditated and outrageous provocation.

Thus begins the greatest lie/hasbara of the day.
The invention of a catchy little phrase that only
the most audacious would utilise word for word,
but the hasbarists will have time to refine it.
That they choose to put Hamas and “terror” right
in the first line, though is the most important
part. This is what may pass to the international
news agencies, which is the whole point, and the
statements made earlier in the day by outraged
politicians the world over are being softened as
the minutes pass. Of course the flotilla was
premeditated, and of course it was a provocation!
How else can one do things with Israel there?
Spontaneous, improvised and expecting applause?
The intent, however was not violent and there’s
not a stitch of evidence for this, but the
violence that follows such an act of a bloody
massacre indeed is spontaneous and very real.
People are enraged. It is right to be enraged by
such an attack on humanitarians bringing aid!!!
However, let’s assume that cement powder can be
lethal if the bags are swung around, and that
paper can cause lots of cuts on the fingers that
make it hard to pull triggers of Uzis.

The organizers are well-known for their ties to
Global Jihad, Al-Qaeda and Hamas. They have a
history of arms smuggling and deadly terror. On
board the ship we found weapons that were
prepared in advance and used against our forces.
The organizers' intent was violent, their method
was violent, and unfortunately, the results were violent.

Oh! This one is good, unfounded, but good for the
masses who will believe whatever Israel tells
them. Pull out the big bad monster of Global
Jihad (what is that? Does it matter?!)  the
terrorist for all seasons Al-Qaeda and Hamas for
good measure. As well, it’s pretty clear from the
film that when you have commandoes storming down
on top of you, you are going to expect to be
attacked violently, and you grab whatever it is
that is near to you, the videos seem to show just
parts of the ship itself! No guns on board that
were not carried by the Israelis. We see parts of
the ship itself, swung around in attempts to
stave off the attack. My only question here is,
why does the speaker consider the results
“unfortunate”? The special ops commandoes could
have stayed off the boat and if they couldn’t
resist that, at least not brought automatic
rifles that are famous for being violent.

Israel regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome.

This phrase is repeated on so many occasions, I
think they must have a copyright on it and get royalties each time it’s said.

We repeatedly called upon the organizers and all
those who were associated with them, through
diplomatic channels and any other means we could, to stop this provocation.

Of course, they called on the organisers to do
nothing for the people who are suffering in Gaza,
but fortunately, there are humans who think for
themselves and act upon their consciences. It all
could have been avoided had Israel just delivered
what is required of it by International law, that
is, if they allow goods and money in for
reconstruction and basic life needs and allow people in and out.

The so-called humanitarian aid was not for a humanitarian purpose.

No? Do they think that now Gazans will start a
cottage industry of paper airplanes and cement rockets?

Had it been for a humanitarian purpose, they
would have accepted our offer to deliver all
humanitarian supply through the appropriate
channels which are used on a daily basis, as we
make sure that Gaza will not be in short of humanitarian supplies.

How do you spell “liar”?
“h-a-s-b-a-r-i-s-t”.  Daily basis? Israel makes
sure on a daily basis that Palestinians are
hanging on a thread and surviving only by their own wits and tunnels.

On a daily basis, we do that.

Suuuuure, sure you do!

We ask them to send this through the appropriate
channels, whether it's the U.N., whether it's the
Red Cross, whether it's our people, but to no avail.

The channels have been asked and implored for
years in the words, “open the damned crossings!
Lift the damned siege! Free the Gazans from the
prison you have closed them into!” To no avail indeed.

In fact, what they said was that it's a
humanitarian campaign, but they said repeatedly
that their intent and purpose was to break the
blockade, the maritime blockade, on Gaza.

Exactly. It is humanitarian to bring in aid if
aid is being denied through “appropriate channels”.

The maritime blockade on Gaza is very legal and
justified by the terror that Hamas is applying in Gaza.

Very legal? As in what laws precisely? And I
don’t mean Israeli laws, I mean international
laws. There is nothing that justifies denial of
construction material, food, medicines, school
supplies, clothing, cigarettes, petrol, diapers,
balsam, soap, wheelchairs
. Everything that makes life possible.

Allowing these ships to go in an illegal way to
Gaza would have opened in fact a corridor of
smuggling arms and terrorists to Gaza, with the
results, inevitable results, of many, many
thousands of civilian deaths and violence all over the area.

There’s the contradiction, if things aren’t
allowed in (because legally – according to Ayalon
– they can’t go in because the blockade is
"legal") the only option is to circumvent the
Israeli law. There is no law in Gaza prohibiting
a ship’s entry, unless Israel will violate
international maritime law or impose their own
control over Gaza which “they left” to
Palestinians, in their earlier propaganda. To
bring in things, anything at all, they call
“smuggling” because they will not legally allow
it. Therefore, they see many thousands of
(Israeli) deaths (the other deaths don’t count
for them) because the paranoia is extreme and
bringing life to Palestinians by means of goods
for survival means Israeli death, logical n'est
pas? They must confound people into thinking that
all goods brought into Gaza (“Terrorland”) are
naturally meant just to harm Israeli lives. Of
course, we must understand the priorities! If
Israel would leave Gaza to Palestinians, maybe
there would be less violence to begin with? But
that thought is just too rational to consider!

After these repeated calls where not heeded by
the organizers, we told them that they will not
be allowed to break the blockade, as according to
maritime law we have the right to do that.

Not in international waters you don’t! And this
is where you undertook your operation. But what
counts is that already all the other hasbarists
are repeating your lies word for word, even
adding some exciting details to it such as
“people on the boat chanting anti-Semitic songs”
(from the AJC org. press release
<http://www.ajc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=2818289&ct=8418965&notoc=1>http://www.ajc.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ijITI2PHKoG&b=2818289&ct=8418965&notoc=1).

Unfortunately, they also, people, the organizers
upon the ship, did not heed the calls of our
forces this morning to peacefully follow them and
bring a closure, a peaceful closure, to this event.

They do not have to give in to acts of piracy on
the seas. This is what they bravely did. You will
be judged for this, and perhaps they know it too.

No sovereign country would tolerate such violence
against its civilian population, against its
sovereignty, against international law.

This is the reason you hasbara yourself blue in
the face to make certain Palestine is never
sovereign. They might just repeat your words
sooner than you like. And, to call on
international law from the greatest violator of
international law on the planet is the definition of chutzpah itself.

And we in Israel call today upon all relevant
parties and all relevant countries to work
together on calming the situation. Thank you very much.

You call for calm since you know that you have
murdered activists and civilians in cold blood,
and this will only bring about more and more
unrest. You have brought down the rage of the
world upon your shoulders. But, like all the
other times, you will hasbara your way out of it
and the world media and governments will help
you. In a few days it will all be forgotten.
Hell, there’s a World Cup to dispute! People are distracted!