[News] Stop the raids action on Friday in SF

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Oct 29 18:15:46 EDT 2008

STOP THE RAIDS NOW rally at ICE headquarters Friday Oct 31

10- 2

630 Sansome St, San Francisco

Hundreds of high school and college age youth,
from Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond, San Francisco,
San Jose, San Lorenzo, San Leandro, Santa Cruz,
Sacramento, and Hayward gather with community
members and families to denounce the atrocities
committed against the immigrant communities by
Immigration Custom Enforcement (ICE). This
Halloween the festivities are left aside in order
to shed light on the attacks that have been
happening against immigrant and working class
communities in these so called "sanctuary
cities." Young people take the forefront in order
to say "Enough is Enough" – we need an immediate
End to all ICE Raids, We need to shut down all
Detention Centers and we need to have REAL Sanctuary Cities.

During this time of election, immigrant families
have been silently suffering repression,
intimidation and constant targeting by ICE. Since
neither presidential candidate wants to talk
about this issue, young people from all over the
Bay Area have united across cities and across
color lines to denounce the inhumane treatment of
im/migrant communities and to ensure that the people's voice is heard.

10am: gather for blessings w/ danza azteca, the
legendary radical community organizer and author
Betita Martinez and others, inspiring elders and
youth, music, poetry & hip-hop, agit-prop
theater, skull face painting, banner and sign
making, food and more at the Ferry park in San Francisco. (Embarcadero BART)

11:30: Lively Funeral March to the Northern
California Headquarters of the United States
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (I.C.E.) @ 630 Sansome (near Washington).

12pm: Mass Rally, Theater and More in front of ICE headquarters.

<mailto:stoptheraidsnow at gmail.com>stoptheraidsnow at gmail.com