[News] Longest Walk women and children terrorized by Ohio police

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jun 11 12:47:06 EDT 2008

Longest Walk women and children terrorized by Ohio police

Posted by
<http://narcosphere.narconews.com/users/brenda-norrell>Brenda Norrell
- June 9, 2008 at 11:05 pm

By Brenda Norrell

CAMBRIDGE, Ohio -- Seated at the Longest Walk Northern Route camp in
Ohio, Marie Littlemoon, Mescalero Apache walker, remembers how
Columbus, Ohio police grabbed her, bruising her right arm, and
terrified the preschoolers in the car, as the walkers walked the
prayer near downtown Columbus.

Marie Littlemoon, 60-year-old grandmother who has been cooking for
the walkers since they walked out of California enroute to D.C., said
she was shocked by the brutality of the officers and the way they
terrified the children.

"I saw what I thought was a gun pointed at Michael Lane, which was a
taser. The taser was only two to three feet from his face, pointed
directly between his eyes.

"Immediately to the right, I saw four officers wrestle and throw Luv
the Mezenger to the ground. The officers stepped on Luv's neck.

"I immediately got out of the car and began filming. When I tried to
ask the officer to let my car with the children go, I was grabbed and
spun around. So I kept videotaping the police officer verbally
attacking Michael Lane.

"Michael remained very calm and explained we were a peaceful prayer
walk. The children's mother tried to reach her children in the car.
The police officers would not let her. So I stepped forward while she
ran around the other side to get in. I was grabbed again and spun around again.
"At that point, the police were taking Luv to the paddy wagon. I
started following and taking pictures, to make sure Luv did not get
abused again.

"When I stepped off the sidewalk, they grabbed me again and yanked me
back, which bruised my arm. I have a photo of that. The police
finally agreed to meet us at the park. We encountered between 15 and
20 officers, waiting to form a blockade of the walk. Finally, the
phone calls came in from the lieutenant and the walkers continued
walking through Columbus."

As police attacked the walkers, police claimed the prayer walk was a
protest and not permitted.
Michael Lane, Menominee, explained that the walkers had come more
than 2,500 miles from California and had never been abused by anyone.
Lane arrived from New Zealand with his wife Sharon Heta, Maori, and
their children.

Luv the Mezenger was thrown on the ground, handcuffed and placed in
the paddywagon. He was issued a summons and then released. Luv
sustained cuts and bruises and Littlemoon suffered bruises from the
police attack.

The Longest Walk had already contacted the Ohio Department of
Transportation to notify Ohio of the prayer walk. However, Columbus
Ohio police attacked, terrifying the women and children, without even
finding out the facts.
Police induced deaths from tasers are on the increase.

Photos at
<http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/>http://www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com/
Listen to Longest Walk Talk Radio, live and archives, interviews on
the police attack:
<http://www.earthcycles.net>http://www.earthcycles.net
    *
<http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/brenda-norrell>Brenda