[News] Emergency Mobilization Against the Minute Men Rally in SF Tomorrow 10:30am

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jul 29 18:06:36 EDT 2008

Comrades,

We just got a call at the Catalyst office from our allies at St.
Peter's Housing Committee about the anti-immigrant Minute Men holding
a rally at SF City Hall tomorrow morning at 11am.

Immigrant rights groups are mobilizing and have asked us to help
mobilize white anti-racists to stand up for both immigrant rights,
and demonstrate our power as a multi-racial social justice movement
in the Bay Area.

We'll be there tomorrow and ask you all to join us if you can, and
help spread the word to your folks.

Our message as white anti-racists will be one of solidarity across
race, class and gender for immigrant rights and worker power.  We
will come together to undermine the strategy of divide and rule of
the ruling class and say that as white people committed to justice,
we are here for immigrant rights and the rights and dignity of all
people.  We will be clear in our opposition to white supremacy and
our commitment to building working class multiracial movements for
collective liberation.  The Minute Men do not speak for the white
community, and we will be there to raise another voice and message.

Let me know if you can be there tomorrow at 10:30.  Details are below
from Renee Saucedo of the Day Labor Program.

Let tomorrow be a day when the Minute Men's effort to advance racism
becomes a catalyst for multiracial alliance building in the Bay Area
and let the participation of white anti-racists provide alternative
and visible roles that white people more broadly can see themselves
stepping into - rather then the racist roles played by the Minute Men
for addressing the real economic inequality and hardship experienced,
let it be anti-racist roles working for economic justice and democracy for all.

Use this opportunity to mobilize your friends and family.

Join us and bring a friend.

Spread the word and add your own explanation for the importance of
this action.  Turn this into a moment to develop your anti-racist
leadership, the leadership that our communities need and deserve.

If you cannot be there, use it to spark conversations where ever you
are over the next day or two, and lift up your vision and
politics.  More then denouncing the Minute Men as racist, speak to
the broader issues of economics, anti-immigrant politics as divide
and rule and how racism hurts white people materially,
psychologically and spiritually.

Be as bold and courageous as the change we need.

With love for our people and the movement we are building, and rage
for the conditions we are up against,
-Chris

We have confirmed that the Minutemen have reserved the front steps of
SF City Hall tomorrow, Wednesday, July 30, at 11 am, to hold a press
conference / rally to attack our city's Sanctuary Law.  We must not
allow their messages of hate to further arouse people's fears and
insecurities around Sanctuary!

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A COUNTER PROTEST!

We will meet at 10:30 am, on the lawn in front of City Hall, 1 Dr.
Carlton B. Goodlett Pl.  Please bring drums, bells, whistles, etc. to
make some noise!

Please help spread the word!

Renee

Hemos confirmado que los Minutemen han reservado los escalones de la
Alcaldia para manana, MIercoles, Julio 30, at las 11 am, para tener
una conferencia de prensa/ rally para atacar nuestra ley
Sanctuario!  No podemos permitir que sus mensajes de odio causen mas
miedo e inseguridad en cuanto a Sanctuario!

POR FAVOR LLEGUE A UNA CONTRA-MANIFESTACION!

Nos reuniremos a las 10:30 am, en el pasto en frente de la Alcaldia,
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Pl.  Por favor traiga tambores, campanas,
silbidos, etc. para hacer mucho ruido!

Por favor corra la voz!

Renee

Because we need movement funded and led Left institutions, become a
monthly sustainer of Catalyst at
<http://www.collectiveliberation.org>www.collectiveliberation.org

CATALYST PROJECT: a center for political education and movement building

Chris Crass, coordinator
<mailto:chris at collectiveliberation.org>chris at collectiveliberation.org
www.collectiveliberation.org

522 Valencia St #2