[News] Export Quality: Exposing the Mail Order Bride Industry - SFSU, 4/18

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Apr 16 11:18:43 EDT 2008

GABNet San Francisco Bay Area with the Mariposa Alliance and the SF
State Women's Center present...

**EXPORT QUALITY: Exposing the Mail Order Bride Industry**
Monologues Loosely-Based On True Stories of Mail Order Brides written
by GABNet's KATAGA Women Writers Collective and "Say I Do" a film by Arlene Ami

FRIDAY, April 18th 2008
6:00p - Doors Open
7:00p - Production Begins

Jack Adams Hall
3rd Floor Cesar Chavez Student Union
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco State University

All Directions to SF State campus:
Please visit
<http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/text/tocampus.html>http://www.sfsu.
edu/~parking/ text/tocampus. html

Event is FREE and Open to the Public. FREE Thai food wil be provided.
Donations are greatly appreciated at the door.

CULTURE - FOOD - DISCUSSION

*see attached flyer*

Export Quality will gather Filipinas and their allies to learn, raise
awareness, and prompt change to end sex trafficking and sexual
exploitation. These are grave issues that warrant the attention of the
community at-large. The Philippines is the world's top exporter of women,
of which 30% end up in the global sex trade. From the 1980s on, at least
5,000 Filipinas annually are trafficked through mail-order bride agencies
or international match-making agencies. Many of these women become
victims of wife battery, divorce (70%), and even homicide. Whether
domestic or international, sex trafficking subjects women and
children to grave abuse, slavery and exploitation. We urge you to
join us in exposing these insidious problems.

For comments, questions, or ADA accessibility, please contact
<http://us.f580.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=katcab86%40berkeley.edu>katcab86 at berkeley.
edu or
<http://us.f580.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=women%40sfsu.edu>women at sfsu.edu

Please visit: <http://www.gabnet.org/>http://www.gabnet. org and