[News] Dear Friends of the Freedom Archives

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Nov 13 14:30:29 EST 2007

November 2007

Dear Friends of the Freedom Archives

You are the essential element. As a remarkably successful year draws
to a close, we are reaching out to enlist your support. The Freedom
Archives is not funded by any government agencies and receives
support funding from only a few progressive family foundations. We
rely on you - our individual contributors to keep our work going
strong. Your contributions are the essential element in ensuring our
success and bringing progressive history and its lessons into the future.

The youth program is the most inspiring aspect of our work! The
Freedom Archives continues to teach high school and college-age youth
key media and documentation skills while they learn about our recent
history. We work on a daily basis with communities around the
country. Our extensive archival materials are utilized for a
wide range of projects.

Our latest video, Legacy of Torture, testifies to the powerful role
that radical media can play in building public awareness and a
movement for justice. The film places the current case of the San
Francisco 8 in the historical context of COINTELPRO, torture, and the
war against the Black Liberation movement. Legacy of Torture has
become a catalyst for solidarity. More than 1500 copies of the film
have been distributed, sparking discussion in schools and
communities. Your support provided the resources to release the film
with Spanish subtitles for broadcast in Venezuela, for showings in
Africa and at national and international film festivals.

We're also excited to announce the release of our Paul Robeson audio
CD, exploring his political thought through spoken word excerpts.
With an ear to younger generations, Robeson's passion for justice and
internationalism create an ever-relevant learning tool and inspiring
listening experience. Again, your support helped to make this
important work possible.

Your contributions will also support one of our newest Freedom
Archives projects
COINTELPRO 101a firsthand video primer on government repression
against progressive
movements. Early phases of this project include interviews with
survivors of government repression then and now.
The Freedom Archives has become a recognized voice in the movement
for change. But you are the essential element. Please take the time
today to support our efforts. Thank you in advance for your generous
and much-needed contribution!

Claude Marks
Patricia Hemphill

Please send your tax-deductible contribution to us at the address below.