[News] Report Back From Haiti, November 10, Berkeley

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Nov 6 10:12:03 EST 2007

Haiti Action Committee: Building Democracy From The Grassroots

Report Back From Haiti, November 10, 2007
Berkeley, California

This summer, members of the Haiti Action Committee, along with Dr.
Akinyele Umoja of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, traveled to
Haiti. We met with grassroots activists, political prisoners and
human rights workers. We heard the continuing calls for the return of
former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide. We saw close-up the
resistance to the U.S./ U.N. occupation.

Throughout our trip, Haitian sisters and brothers expressed their
support for the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast. They sent
solidarity to the San Francisco 8 Black Panther Party
veterans/political prisoners now facing trial. And they made it clear
that their fight for justice and democracy in Haiti is one and the
same as the fight for freedom here.

Join us for an evening of solidarity with the people of Haiti.

Saturday - November 10 - 7:00 PM

BFUU Fellowship Hall 1924 Cedar Street (at Bonita Avenue) Berkeley
$5-10 sliding scale, no one turned away for lack of funds

Wheelchair accessible

Co-sponsored by:

Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists Social Justice Committee and
Africans United to End the Occupation of Haiti

For more information: www.mxgm.org or www.haitisolidarity.net

Call us at: 510-483-7481 (HAC) or 510-533-6609 (MXGM)