[News] New Orleans - "Second Lines" PHRF/OC Feb-March 2007 Newsletter

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Tue Feb 27 08:54:54 EST 2007

For the latest news on the struggle for
self-determination and a just reconstruction in
New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, read “Second
Lines”, the bi-monthly newsletter of the People’s
Hurricane Relief Fund (PHRF). You can download
the latest edition of our newsletter from our
website at www.peopleshurricane.org. You will
also find constant updates, mobilizing actions,
resources, and varying political perspectives on
the struggle at our website. So, please visit regularly!

Special features in this edition include:
1. Survivor’s views on mobilization of the Second
Survivors Assembly (scheduled for August 25th –
28th, 2007 in New Orleans, LA). See website for the actual call.
2. The call for the erection of “Resurrection
City” to advance the struggle for Affordable
Housing, particularly Public Housing in New Orleans.
3. The announcement of counseling support groups
to support individuals interested in testifying
at the International Tribunal on Hurricanes
Katrina and Rita (scheduled for August 29th –
September 2nd, 2007 in New Orleans, LA).
4. A report on PHRF’s international advocacy and
solidarity work at the World Social Forum held in Nairobi, Kenya in January.
5. And a review of the essay, “To Render
Ourselves Visible”, written by Shana Griffin,
Mayaba Leibenthal, and INCITE! Women of Color
Against Violence, recently printed in “What Lies
Beneath”  by South End Press (proceeds of which benefit PHRF).

The struggle for the right of return still needs
your support. You can support by making a
donation to support our organizing, supporting
our mobilizations and calls to action, and spreading the word!

In Unity and Struggle,
Kali Akuno
Executive Director, PHRF

Monday, February 26, 2007