[News] Stop the Demolitions in New Orleans

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Sat Dec 22 12:13:10 EST 2007

*Please spread far and wide!*

Free the Land,

As the struggle for the human right to housing continues to advance in New
Orleans, I want to elicit your aid in advancing it by calling on folks to
promote the "Stop Da Demolition" Mixtape produced by Nuthinbutfire Records
and the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, New Orleans Chapter in support of
the
Coalition to Stop the Demolitions and the campaign to save public housing.

Folks can listen or download the Mixtape at www.peopleshurrican e.org (the
mixtape is located on the top left hand corner of the website). Check it
out
now and pass it on! Make sure that it gets in as much rotation as possible
in clubs, radio stations, and websites throughout Babylon and the
interverse
of the world wide web.

And more importantly, stay plugged into the struggle for the Right of Return
and a Self-Determining Reconstruction in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.
Check www.peopleshurricane.org daily and support the ongoing work of the
International Tribunal on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (you can start by
signing our petition to Bush and Congress demanding IDP recognition and
reparations for the crimes against humanity committed by the US
government)
at www.katrinatribunal.org.

As for ongoing support of the immediate housing struggle, we need folks to
do the following:
1. Continue blitzing HUD, Senator Vitter, and the Senate Banking, Housing,
and Urban Affairs with phone calls, faxes, and emails.
2. Get prepared to support a new national mobilization effort to come to New
Orleans in defense of the right to housing or plan for emergency actions in
your city with locally based IDP's and progressive forces in your area. 3.
Start mobilizing for a national day of action in support of the Housing
struggle in New Orleans on January 26th, 2008.
4. And more! Much more.

In Unity and Struggle,
Kali

Friday, December 21st, 2007