[News] Support for Ward Churchill

Anti-Imperialist News news at freedomarchives.org
Wed Aug 1 11:15:46 EDT 2007

Firing Back:

Ward Churchill v. University of Colorado

July 31, 2007

In a time when our basic civil and human rights are endangered it is
critical to resist those who would have us believe that the current
state of affairs is inevitable. We cannot allow ourselves to be silenced.

We do not believe the University of Colorado fired Ward Churchill
because of so-called "research misconduct."   The attack on Ward
Churchill is part of a larger effort to silence criticism of
government policies and to discredit alternative, particularly
Indigenous, histories and perspectives; an attack spearheaded by
neoconservative groups like  Lynne Cheney's American Council of
Trustees and Alumni (ACTA).  For more on CU President Hank Brown's
ties to ACTA, see
<http://wardchurchill.net/files/cu_acta_ad.pdf>wardchurchill.net/files/cu_acta_ad.pdf
.

There are many fronts in the struggle to preserve access to truth and
the freedom to think and speak critically. In addition to whatever
avenues you are already pursuing to redress injustice, we urge you to
support Ward Churchill's lawsuit against the University of Colorado.

For background and updates, visit the Ward Churchill Solidarity
Network (WCSN) website
at   <http://www.wardchurchill.net/>www.wardchurchill.net .

Ways to help:

*  Send donations for legal expenses to :

             WCSN

             PO Box 20035

             Boulder, CO 80308

             Make checks payable to: David Lane.

Attorney David Lane is generously contributing his time and
talents.   Donations will be placed in a trust account and used only
for legal expenses such as filing fees, depositions, etc.

  *   Volunteer in legal, educational, or fundraising efforts:

             E-mail:
<http://mail.google.com/mail/info@wardchurchill.net> info at wardchurchill.net

*  Have your organization or institution sponsor a talk by Ward Churchill :

             E-mail
<http://mail.google.com/mail/wardspeaks@gmail.com>wardspeaks at gmail.com .

*  Spread the word and forward this e-mail to your networks.

In solidarity,

Kathleen Cleaver and Natsu Taylor Saito

Supported by strong and committed women including Pam Africa, Carrie
Dann, Jennifer Harbury, Yuri Kochiyama, Cynthia McKinney, Pearl
Means, Lynne Stewart, Haunani-Kay Trask, Sharon Venne, and many
others in the struggle for justice.