[News] November 29 - Light a Candle for Palestine

Anti-Imperialist News News at freedomarchives.org
Wed Nov 23 08:19:20 EST 2005

CANDLE LIGHT VIGIL

Light a Candle to Brighten Bethlehem's Christmas
In the Shadow of Israel's Apartheid

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Tuesday November 29, 2005
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Union Square, San Francisco

Corner of Geary and Stockton
Close to Powell St. BART Station

Stand with Palestine and join the candle light vigil on Tuesday
November 29, 2005; Stand with the children of Bethlehem and say no to
the continuing repression, killing, imprisonment, torture, expulsion
and occupation of the indigenous people of Palestine by Israel?s
apartheid forces.  Israel continues to receive monetary and political
support from the US government.

On November 29, 2005 we will celebrate the International Day in
Solidarity with the Palestinian People by raising a candle in Union
Square and asking Christmas shoppers to remember Bethlehem and the
star of Christmas by divesting from Israel.  The star?s brightness
will not return to Bethlehem as long as the apartheid wall is casting
its racist shadow on Palestine's children.  Our candles will shine
over Union Square and call for the return of justice to the land of
Palestine.

We will also join the international activities in the week of action
against the illegal apartheid wall, erected by the Apartheid State of
Israel in order to steal more land, and expel more Palestinians.  The
apartheid wall was declared illegal by the International Court, and
violates the Geneva Conventions.

November 29, 2005 also marks the fifth anniversary of launching the
International Movement to Divest from Israel.