[News] Puerto Rican Nationalist Youth of New York

Anti-Imperialist News News at freedomarchives.org
Mon Nov 21 15:32:04 EST 2005

Every year the Puerto Rican Nationalist Youth of New York (youth wing
of the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party Junta of New York) sends a
delegation from the states to Lares, Puerto Rico to participate in
the "Grito de Lares" celebration.  El Grito de Lares was a rebellion
against Spanish rule on Sept. 23rd, 1898.  It was the first cry for
independence, and the beginning of the Puerto Rican independence
movement.  The PRNY-NY leads a delegation of youths from the states
on pilgrimage to Lares to reaffirm our dedication to the struggle for
independence and to maintain and establish strong connections to our
roots, culture, and nation.
This past Grito de Lares celebration ended on a sad note, due to the
FBI assassination of el Comandante Filiberto Ojeda Rios.  In an
attempt to silence the independence movement, the U.S. sent their own
terrorist organization (the F.B.I.) to assassinate Filiberto Ojeda
Rios.  Instead of silence, what they did was leave the movement with
our very own "Che Guevara" and gave way for the unity amongst
independence organizations that Filiberto asked for in his final
message to Lares.

Below is a link to a clip from the film the Puerto Rican Nationalist
Youth of NY are in the process of producing of our trip to Lares '05
and the events that followed.

Windows Media:
<http://pnpr.org/youth/Larestrip05.wmv>http://pnpr.org/youth/Larestrip05.wmv

For more info on the Puerto Rican Nationalist Party Junta of NY visit
our site at:
<http://www.pnpr.org/>www.pnpr.org

To contact the PR Nationalist Youth of NY directly:
<mailto:info at jnp-ny.org>info at jnp-ny.org