[News] March 2 ACTION for jobs, against Oakland curfew

News at freedomarchives.org News at freedomarchives.org
Thu Feb 17 18:22:21 EST 2005

KEEP UP THE HEAT AGAINST THE CURFEW IN OAKLAND!!

On March 2 at 11 a.m. All of Us or None and Critical Resistance will be
outside Oakland City Hall demanding jobs from the City of Oakland for
people coming out of prison, on parole or probation.  Jerry Brown's press
secretary, Gil Duran, said "If you know any felons who need work, send them
our way. If we can't hire them, we'll find someone who can."  We are going
to make him stand by his word as part of our campaign against the
curfew.  TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW, especially former prisoners and folks on
parole or probation, to come on down to City Hall to apply for a job. We
want a long line of folks who are looking for work, to show how many of us
need jobs.  We are also recruiting service providers and job developers to
come on down on that day, because we know it's unlikely that the City of
Oakland will actually provide the jobs they promise.

JOIN US on March 2, 11 a.m. at Oakland City Hall (12th & Broadway) to
demand jobs from the City of Oakland and to protest Jerry Brown's proposed
curfew!!