[News] National Radio Project / Making Contact celebrates 10 years!

News at freedomarchives.org News at freedomarchives.org
Wed Sep 1 18:53:11 EDT 2004

Let’s party and discuss Independent Media
 Democracy
 Elections!  And
invite your friends!

Hello Friend,

Join kindred spirits and National Radio Project, producer of Making
Contact, on September 23, 2004 for our Tenth Anniversary celebration,
"Unchaining Media - Amplifying Voices" in the Veterans Building Green
Room, San Francisco, California.

"Unchaining Media-Amplifying Voices" will bring activists and friends
together for an evening of food, music, reflection and celebration. We
will also re-envision the role of independent media during this crucial
election year.

Our evening will include a keynote address from Makani Themba-Nixon
(Praxis Project). Media critic Norman Solomon (Institute for Public
Accuracy) and radio producer David Barsamian (Alternative Radio) will
also be on-hand, as we honor several of our closest allies: Peggy Law,
Dan Turner, Pat McSweeney and KPFA’s Apprenticeship Program.

Even if you can't make it to the event itself, here's how you can help
us celebrate:

*  Become an Event Sponsor or purchase a Tribute Ad (details below)
*  Purchase a ticket to attend the celebration and donate it to a
freelance journalist
*  Contribute to our Silent Auction
*  Volunteer for the event

WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!  Please forward this message to your friends!

Visit http://www.radioproject.org for more information.

Best wishes,
Your friends at National Radio Project / Making Contact
http://www.radioproject.org
510-251-1332