[News] Oct 24th: Our Voices Within Our Journey

News at freedomarchives.org News at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 19 19:23:28 EDT 2004

OUR VOICES WITHIN: OUR JOURNEY

Free Battered Women presents "Our Voices Within:Our Journey", honoring
incarcerated survivors of domestic violence. Sunday, October 24th from
1:30-4:30 pm (doors open at 1:00) at The Women's Building, 3543 18th St.,
San Francisco.  Celebrate the release of 10 women prisoners this past year
and the passage of a new law which supports the release of more women!
Testimony by former prisoners, silent auction of art work, Youth Speaks,
Roopa Singh, Samsara and more.  $10-25  donation, no one turned away,
wheelchair accessible.  Free childcare and Spanish interpretation available
with advance registration.  For more information contact Free Battered
Women at  415-867-9963,  jdh at freebatteredwomen.org or check out our website
at www.freebatteredwomen.org.