[Freedom archives news] Shape the Future: symbols of resistance

Freedom Archives Events freedomarchivesnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Dec 16 15:09:52 EST 2014

We have traveled to the Southwest twice in the past year to work on an
exciting project focusing on the Chican@ movement, the student martyrs
and Aztlan land struggles. In May, we were honored to document an
important and moving “Symbols of Resistance” gathering in Colorado, to
commemorate the 40th anniversary of “los seis de Boulder” (six young
Chican@ activists killed in two car bombings during the height of
student and community protest in 1974) and three other activist martyrs
from the same period. Three of us just returned from a second trip, this
time to southern Colorado and northern New Mexico, where we shot
in-depth interviews with leading activists for a documentary using this
new material about the origins of the Chican@ movement and the
resistance of and repression against it. This is an important story that
needs to be more fully told. Check out *a trailer
<http://vimeo.com/108259968>***compiled from footage shot in May.
http://vimeo.com/108259968 <https://vimeo.com/108259968>

*Donate Here <https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d1/default.aspx?wid=33005>*

*Your ongoing support is absolutely essential to our ability to continue
our work.* Your help makes possible all the educational work we do: the
internship program, the audio and video documentaries and books, the
online resources and digital search site, and our outreach efforts from
our Mission district community out to the nation and the world. Most
importantly, your help ensures that this resource will be able to serve
generations to come.

Please consider sending us a donation. You can also contribute on-line
or become a monthly sustainer. Thanks very much for helping to launch
our next 15 years!